“Above poor, below Average”

Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Mariposa
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed 1 night at the Comfort Inn. The Front Desk Staff person, both when I checked in and when I checked out, were polite and friendly.

I did not like the bed, or, I should say, my back did not like the mattress. I don't think I've stayed anywhere else and had such a poor night's sleep. It was a good thing I knew that there was a Peet's Coffee in the Pioneer Market a few blocks away to keep me going the next day.

Second, the wall paper in the bathroom is peeling away. Stevie Wonder would be able to see the paper coming away from the wall. It's at the corner of the bathtub, about 4 inches in length. This tells me that there may be a water leak because it is on the same side as the tub fixtures. And, more importantly, this tells me the owners and management are not sweating the details when it comes to this property.

If anyone decided to open a Marriott in Mariposa, or a hotel with good mattresses and up to date furnishings, they would own the market. There is a Marriott in Merced, but didn't stay there because I wanted to get into Yosemite early.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 September 2011

Compared to other places in Mariposa this place is alright but that doesn't say much. Once you get over hauling your case up 3 flights past a man in his boxers and sone cleaners smoking you might wonder what lies ahead. Large beds. Hideous burgundy throws, dark carpets. Air con is good. Wallpaper peeling in the bathroom. Asked the receptionist about the area who looked at me like I was mad and said 'there is nothing to do here' and kept staring. Continental breakfast was ok if you Luke high calorie nasties and coffee. I dislike both. I did find an overly polished no doubt chemically unsound apple. Pool is nice as is the hottub. Both a welcomed escape from the 1980s room and staff.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The first room was not acceptable so they gave us another room. It was very late and thats the ONLY reason we stayed one night. Room was NOT clean or kept up to date. The door wouldn't shut all the way but would lock. Planned a three night stay but went elsewhere.

Room Tip: If your visiting Yosemite then you need to check on the East side.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We enjoyed the 2 bedroom suite near the pool. Average breakfast buffet. Nothing fancy, but near Yosemite and freindly staff. Couln't get into room till 3:30pm, seems the way it is these days.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The continental breakfast was the only plus for this place and the breakfast personnel were very efficient.
Our first room was very dirty, hand prints all over the mirror as you walked in; toilet was running when we came in; toilet was not clean; panels on the door were very noticeably filthy, bathroom sink was very moldy (the faucet barely goes into the sink so there is no room to get your hands under the faucet.)
The personnel moved us to another room and there were ants in the sink and it was also moldy, and the door panels were dirty in that room too.
We went back to the office and they offered to spray the ants or move us to a third room; we opted to move to the third room. The sink was not quite as moldy as the other two rooms, but there was an odor to the room and there were black marks all over the rug. When I said something about the odor the lady got a little huffy, so we just stayed there. We turned on the air conditioner to air out the room and that helped.
Who ever does the cleaning at this hotel does not do a very good job.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gramsally04
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mariposa
21.9 km away
28 km away
Yosemite View Lodge
Yosemite View Lodge
#1 of 2 in El Portal

Been to Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK