“Completely different hotel”
Review of Jamaica Bay Inn

Jamaica Bay Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Reviewed 6 January 2018

I am not sure if they changed management or what, but our experience was wonderful this time at Jamaica Bay Inn. All the staff was super friendly and the manager was very accommodating when we were there to check in at 3pm but the room wasn't ready. Beautiful hotel and renovations in the restaurant/bar are great! The best place to be for New Years with 2 sets of fireworks - spectacular view from our balcony! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites are awesome!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina R
JamaicaBayInnGM, General Manager at Jamaica Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Tina,

Thank you so very much for choosing to stay at the Jamaica Bay Inn for New Years Eve! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we will be sure to share your feedback with our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Happy New Year!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We had a one night and two day stop over in LA before a long flight back to Australia. Instead of staying in an airport hotel which are located in a wasteland of nothing of any interest we decided to stay in a nearby area instead which is far more interesting. Santa Monica hotels were over priced so Marina Del Ray it was. The hotel itself has been remodelled and the lobby and restaurant are modern and stylish. We had a partial Marina view room which was spacious but somewhat dark and dated. The rooms need to be painted white to add light and freshness. The two queen beds were very comfortable though. The location is nice with a view over the marina but it is a good 15-20 minute walk to Venice Beach. We got an Uber to Santa Monica high was a cheap and easy trip. Overall recommend for anyone needing a stopover hotel in L.A.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank graciem

Dear Graciem,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Jamaica Bay Inn. We truly appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We will share your feedback with the team and we hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to the US.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel near Santa Monica with a friend. While I’m not sure it was worth $300 a night, there was a nice restaurant and it was on the bay. While I’m certain I wasn’t the first person to ever leave anything in a hotel room, when you stay at an expensive hotel such as this, I was hopeful the shoes I left would have been found and mailed to me, (at my expense.) The morning of my departure, I packed up, did a once over of the room, our valeted car was brought around, and we drove straight home with a stop for gas. After unpacking, a call to the hotel was made, and the shoes had disappeared. I called again during the day, but still no luck. I can only assume housekeeping found a different home for my shoes. While I realize that ultimately this was my fault, I wasn’t pleased with how this was handled by Jamaica Bay. Assurances of their hiring practices did not make me feel any better about the fact that someone from the hotel took my shoes. So, if you stay here, leave your valuables at home.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
JamaicaBayInnGM, General Manager at Jamaica Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Steve A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am so sorry to hear that we did not locate your shoes in your room upon your departure and we will be sure to reach out if we do locate them.
I completely understand your disappointment. The hotel manager mentioned he was able to speak with you and shared our disappointment. I can assure you that our team members have a collective goal to ensure our guests well being and care.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

This was a fantastic experience! My fiancé brought me down for a 40th birthday that I will never forget! I knew were getting nothing less than five-star treatment the moment Blanca greeted us at the door. She made sure that the staff knew we were to be well taken care of. We were shown to our large suite, and were later brought up champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for an amazing treat. The food and drinks at the hotel restaurant were excellent, as was the view of the bay from our wonderful room. Everyone was so kind and accommodating. I will always recommend this hotel for anyone looking to spend a wonderful weekend by the water. It's in a fantastic location for experiencing the BEST of the Marina Del Rey.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
JamaicaBayInnGM, General Manager at Jamaica Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Rick,

Than you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is so great to hear you had such a memorable experience for your 40th birthday!
We loved having you here and are looking forward to your return visit.
We will be sure to share your praises with the team.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Our King room was very spacious, clean and well decorated. We felt like we were in a designer bedroom in a home instead of a hotel room! There was a small sitting area, desk, refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker, large shower and large closet. They had the typical shampoo, cream rinse and body lotion except these seemed to be a better quality than normal. They also provided a small bottle of Scope mouthwash, a nice touch. Our room was very quiet too, we loved our stay here.

Also, there is a restaurant/bar on the premises that we ate at and the food was very good. Great happy hour too and nice area to sit outdoors.

We would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
JamaicaBayInnGM, General Manager at Jamaica Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Soulsisters,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the world! It is so good to hear you enjoyed your stay here and were able to enjoy our newluy renovated Beachside restaurant and bar.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

General Managher

Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey
Hotel Erwin
Hotel Erwin
#13 of 358 in Los Angeles

Been to Jamaica Bay Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK