We only stayed here for one night at the tail end of a 4 week trip through the US, but the time we did spend here was fantastic. We chose this hotel for proximity to Venice Beach (as we had the idea that actually staying on Venice Beach might be a bit too much), plus it was right near where we wanted to drop the rental car off after driving up from San Diego (the Hertz is in the Marriott just over the road).
It was a very pleasant surprise that the Inn itself was great - we were received in a friendly and efficient manner during checkin, and allowed to checkin early. The rooms themselves were large and clean. Beds were comfortable as well.
Lovely view of the water out the back of the hotel from the eating/bar area.
As I recall the Inn also had free Wifi as well, which is always welcome when on tour.
The main selling point for us was the location - this was a good jump off point to meet up with friends who live in LA, plus to get to the airport. It was also an easy walk down to Venice Beach and then to Santa Monica.
Nothing to complain about at all - I would happily stay here again on my next visit to LA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While here, enjoy onsite dining at Beachside Restaurant & Bar, serving up California coastal cuisine with marina views, take a swim in our heated year-round pool and enjoy our location near Mother’s Beach, Venice and Santa Monica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Jamaica Bay Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jamaica Bay Hotel Marina Del Rey
- Best Western Marina Del Rey