Jamaica Bay Inn
US$ 477
RitzCarlton.com
  • Restaurant
Marina del Rey Marriott(Marina del Rey)
US$ 312
  • Restaurant
The Kinney(Marina del Rey)
US$ 284
  • Pool
Marina Del Rey Hotel(Marina del Rey)
US$ 282
US$ 329
US$ 317
  • Pool
Foghorn Harbor Inn Hotel(Marina del Rey)(Great Value!)
US$ 272
Hotels.com
Hotel MdR-A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel(Marina del Rey)(Great Value!)
US$ 291
US$ 266
  • Pool
Ramada Marina Del Rey(Marina del Rey)(Great Value!)
US$ 238
US$ 232
Jolly Roger Hotel(Marina del Rey)
US$ 218
US$ 212
1,325 results
All reviewsbeachside restaurantsanta monicavenice beachmarina viewself parkthe cheesecake factorypaddle boardingmothers beachhappy hoursmall beachhotel restaurantparking lotgreat restaurantnice locationkiller shrimpclose to the airportbike rentals
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I'm ashamed to say it's taken me almost 6 months to get around to writing this review. We stayed at Jamaica Bay Inn in Feb and have nothing but good words. We loved the location - easy to get to LA but far enough out to feel like a haven.

The staff are all super friendly and helpful and breakfast at the Beachside was perfect, overlooking neat gardens and the water edge. Some morning's we watched local school children taking part in canoeing and water sports, which was great fun.

The rooms are comfortable, modern and clean with very nice bedding.

The Cheesecake Factory is a short walk away, for meals out, as are plenty of other choices. We caught the bus to Santa Monica and then walked back from Venice Beach. Took us hours but it was a beautiful beach walk, followed by an amble through some pretty local architecture. There are some stunning houses in the area! When we told the locals where we'd walked from they thought we were nutters but if you have the stamina it's a great way to see the area.

I thoroughly recommend this hotel for its comforts, relaxation and wonderful staff. Sorry it's taken me so long to get around to writing this! :)

Room Tip: Most rooms have a balcony but it's worth saying you want a waterfront view, as we really enjoyed this in the evening. Enjoy!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IzzyJ
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My wife and I visited Jamaca Bay in August, for our 29th Anniversary trip. I like to peope watch and just enjoy the time away from hard work, the stress and rat race of a full day, "every day" and all week long. My wife likes to shop and see the sites and do just about everything within reason that can be crammed into the time we have. In the to pay her back for all the support in such a fast paced work likfe we try to make it something memorable when we can. But in these economic times we tried to keep this year reasonable and only a few days...yet an adventure for us both. And I have to say that Jamaca Bay gave us everything we were looking for. Oh, everyone can find a few little nit-picky things to say about any place they stay...but I am going to go in a different direction here. You should really consider making this a possible site for a wonderful trip - when you get to Del Rey or want to come to the coast for a vacation, anniversary, birthday trip or any other reason!

Hotel folks are kind, courteousm helpful and friendly. If an error is made a reasonable discussion with a manager will get it settled and corrected within reason no matter wha the issue. View is great, the location allows you to drive, walk, ride bicycles, jog, take the water taxi ($1) which is caught right next to the hotel bay, to just about anywhere in the local vicinity you want to go within reason. The park for concerts, fishermans village for tours, dinner cruises, shops, site seeing, boating of all sorts for renting and paddling or driving and all pretty cheap. There are resturants withing walking and driving distance with a varity of themes and evening walks are relaxing, safe and mentally, emotionally and physically rewarding. You are also a short drive or by other means to the beach where you can rent cycles and tour or visit the shops and street vendors on Venice Beach etc. ($8 per hour)

Of course you can get into "Mothers Bay" by the hotel or the Ocean when you go over and swim but the Juccuzi and pool after dark are right outside your rooms or very close and it is heavenly and relaxing to swim a few laps, jump in the bubbling water then go show and spend some time in your room before sleeping like a baby.

I have to say with all the available stuff to do, if you look around and plan (something my wife loves to do) you can have a tremendously enjoyable two or three day trip for reasonalbe expense and reenvigorate yourselves and create fond memories of it all.

Just something to think about.

Jim Ledbetter Sr. Satisified customer.

Room Tip: Any room seaside is acceptable but the lower rooms next to the pool in those four floors will give you the biggest band for your buck.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in July. We arrived late, and were given a room at the end of the hall with a view of the bay. We stayed in the newer section. The room was nicely decorated and modern, and the room was very clean. We also were given chocolate chip cookies on arrival - a nice touch after traveling for quite a long time. We had no complaints about this hotel - good central location and within easy walking distance of Venice Beach and a several restaurants. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This is the first hotel we stayed at during our cross-California vacation and we were not disapointed.

From the get go, we found plenty of parking and we were welcome at the front desk. The room was very spacious, very comfortable and provided a lovely view of the Marina. The room is also well appointed with coffee maker, toaster, etc. The hotel pool is in perfect condition and it might have been because it was not the high season but poolside lounge chairs were readily available.

The location of the hotel is nice as you can get to Venice beach boardwalk or Santa Monica beach in a matter of minutes.

We got a very good price on this hotel considering the location.

We recommend it.

Room Tip: We did not try the bar nor restaurant.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ambientson
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stayed for a couple of days in June before a conference. I have no complaints. The room was large and well appointed and I had a balcony looking right on to the beach and lagoon - well worth the extra because otherwise I would have been overlooking the main road. I only used the restaurant for breakfast and the pancakes were great. There are places to eat nearby which you could walk to but you will need a car to get around LA or Santa Monica. Alternatively, you could rent a bike. Public transport seems to take an age to get anywhere. I would be happy to recommend this hotel

Stayed: June 2012