“Great value and clean rooms”

Monterey Beach Dunes Inn
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Marina
“Great value and clean rooms”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We had to leave the hotel we were staying at in Monterey because it was too dirty and the heater broke (I will review that one next). All the hotels were booked up that night in town so we called the main number for choice hotels since we've always had good luck with this chain. We have a 19 year old boy and 10 year. Old girl so it's hard to find a room to accommodate all of us. The front desk receptionist was very nice even though it was almost 2 am when we checked in. We got the king/2 queen suite for $95 which was perfect. The hotel was a little older but it was clean and we'll kept. The beds weren't the softest in the world but we were all so tired we didn't care. The suite was nice because you need a card key to go into each individual room (which is nice with kids). We overslept breakfast but I don't expect continental breakfasts to be anything fancy. The Comfort Inns serve deluxe breakfasts. Quality Inns are a little more simple. We had plenty of air in the rooms with the windows open. It's very close to the beach so it was nice to breathe in some humid air. Overall this hotel saved our trip. We will definitely be returning here with the kids.

• Stayed December 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Crows Landing, California
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stay often here. I work a lot and this place is like home away from home for me. The staff is friendly and outgoing, they always smile. It's clean and I can get sleep that I need for the next work day. Thank you girls for having breakfast open for me early as I have to work. I will be back in a week. Happy Holidays .

Mr. Walker

Room Tip: I enjoy staying in king rooms they face the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I stayed at the quality inn on October 12 &13 and was discusted and appauld at the conduct of there manager and hotel front guest staff. I was in my room wich was directly in front of the hot tub and around 11:30pm or so there was loud laughter and carrying on comeing from out side i looked out and saw several men and a few woman in the hot tub (wich was supposed to be closed or so i was told at check in by 10:00pm ) I let the noise go and then tried to go back to sleep this racket went on for hours I called the front desk repeatedly but obviously nothing was done because these people continued to party. My husband went out around 2:30am to the ice machine wich is right past the hot tub, as he passed he looked in the hot tub area and saw the group of people in the tub were in various stages of undress and a few were completely naked and performing sex on one another my husband recognized the woman who checked us in at the front desk as well as the hotel manager whom we had seen before. If this is how Quality Inns staff and management conduct them selves then Id hate to see the type of people they allow to stay in there hotel.I cannot belive a professional manager would conduct them selves in such a manner let alone a woman. I would never stay in such a sleazy and discusting place again what if a child saw this. And in the morning there were beer bottles and cans around the hot tub as well as a womans slippers and other clothing.The staff here needs help. I would never stay here again this isnot a place you want to expose your children or yourselves to.

Room Tip: There isnt one if there staff is there.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank automn p

Travellers are raving about these Marina hotels

vacaville
Reviewed 13 October 2011

No elevator for the third floor. Had elderly man unhappy with building setup, however after serching for over 3 hours and getting his own bed and room there was little complaining. The continental breakfast was the usual, crowded and under staffed. Beautiful beach views.

Room Tip: Make reservations in advance. Right off the freeway and not $$
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank wilmasf007
Redwood City, California
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I've paid almost $200 for a room in this place. I do not expect any luxuary in 2 star hotel 10 miles from Monterey but a reasonable quality room is expected. Wrong! In this property I've got tiny dark room on the ground which seemed converted from a storage. Coffee maker is located next to the toilet in the bathroom as well as "wardrobe". There was some kind noisy machinery room next to it. Bed was very uncomfortable and noise from the highway was loud even with closed windows. We did not get much sleep. So-called "continental breakfast" consisted of tray of sweets and coffee pots. The place even does not have a single chair. Bottom line - avoid it!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Niktug
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marina
0.4 km away
2.2 km away
Ramada Marina
Ramada Marina
#4 of 9 in Marina

Been to Monterey Beach Dunes Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK