All reviews continental breakfast free parking underneath minute walk to the beach family suite pool and hot tub hermosa beach uber manhattan
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Decent priced hotel for the location. No extra frills but clean and decent free continential breakfast. Parking is free and convenient as well. Staff was friendly and free wi fi. Located not far from LAX or many other tourist attractions. Would stay here again at a decent rate.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Friendly staff who were helpful on every request. Large, comfortable room, and quiet after 10pm when the pool, and spa closed. Breakfast was good. There are reasonable places to eat close by, but definitely better places to eat on Manhattan beach proper (which is a nice 20 minute walk away). A good tour desk at this hotel, I was able to book my city tour, Disneyland, and Universal studios tours from the front desk. The tour company they use is VIP tours. I recommend Wave Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

A very dated hotel near LAX. However the staff was friendly, rooms clean, parking free and the price most affordable. A simple continental breakfast was included. Manhattan Beach was about a mile away that included many favorable restaurants. The 25 mile Strand beach walk is a must do.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I have been using this hotel every year since 2007. We stayed again for 1 night October 16, 2013. We've noticed standards have been gradually dropping, but this year was the worst. Very disappointing. Duty Manager rude on arrival. Gave us a downstairs room (104) which was very damp and very smelly. Dirty room. Pubic hair on the toilet seat and on the floor next to toilet. Water leaking through bathroom tiles. Green mold growing on wall beside mirror. WiFi not working. Older model TV with non-working remote. Insisted on being moved to another room (224) which again smelt bad and a little damp. Duty Manager next morning was rude when asked about the non-working WiFi. Complimentary breakfast at The Wave used to be good with lots of choices - they're obviously cost-cutting as selection now is poor. Will not use this motel again. Do not stay here. Keep looking.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lucille552013
Reviewed 10 September 2013

If you're looking for somewhere to stay one or two nights that's close to the airport then this place isn't too bad. It has a free shuttle to the airport which is handy (otherwise you're looking at a $20-30 cab ride one way).

In terms of the hotel, you get what you pay for, right? The room was pretty large (I had a king bed room) and it had the basics. I didn't really care that it wasn't top spec, but I would have liked it to have been a bit better maintained. I thought the room looked a bit grubby with stains/marks on the furniture and walls, the wallpaper was coming away in areas, one of the light fixtures was broken, it hadn't really been cleaned properly, and it just looked a bit worse for wear. When I walked in I also got creeped out a bit. It reminded me of that movie Vacancy for some reason, so I will admit to having a quick -- ok thorough-- check under the bed, in the bathroom, behind the ironing board etc.... as you do....

Staff were hit or miss. Some were super friendly and some were, well, not. I did wait for about 10 mins while one guy who was meant to be at the front desk couldn't tear himself away from the TV screen.

Regarding location, it was in a fairly good spot. About 20 mins to the beach front where there were plenty of bars, restaurants etc.

Other things: the hotel has a weird smell all the way through it (reception area and rooms); it is NOISY -- I got really irritated as people would have conversations outside my room at all hours, the pool is small and doesn't look appealing at all, and the breakfast is rubbish. I think the milk was bad.

Tip: use this place for a layover and it's fine. Wouldn't stay for a long vacation though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business