Wave Hotel
The Belamar Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 188
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 188
US$ 164
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 219
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
The Sea View Inn at the Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 215
Crimson Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
US$ 153
US$ 140
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 131
US$ 306
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Shade Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 494
US$ 472
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hermosa(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 208
  • Pool
Grandview Inn(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 223
Hotels.com
All reviewsa tad bitfree parking underneathminute walk to the beachfamily suitepool and hot tubsepulvedaubermanhattan
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

A very dated hotel near LAX. However the staff was friendly, rooms clean, parking free and the price most affordable. A simple continental breakfast was included. Manhattan Beach was about a mile away that included many favorable restaurants. The 25 mile Strand beach walk is a must do.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I have been using this hotel every year since 2007. We stayed again for 1 night October 16, 2013. We've noticed standards have been gradually dropping, but this year was the worst. Very disappointing. Duty Manager rude on arrival. Gave us a downstairs room (104) which was very damp and very smelly. Dirty room. Pubic hair on the toilet seat and on the floor next to toilet. Water leaking through bathroom tiles. Green mold growing on wall beside mirror. WiFi not working. Older model TV with non-working remote. Insisted on being moved to another room (224) which again smelt bad and a little damp. Duty Manager next morning was rude when asked about the non-working WiFi. Complimentary breakfast at The Wave used to be good with lots of choices - they're obviously cost-cutting as selection now is poor. Will not use this motel again. Do not stay here. Keep looking.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lucille552013
Reviewed 10 September 2013

If you're looking for somewhere to stay one or two nights that's close to the airport then this place isn't too bad. It has a free shuttle to the airport which is handy (otherwise you're looking at a $20-30 cab ride one way).

In terms of the hotel, you get what you pay for, right? The room was pretty large (I had a king bed room) and it had the basics. I didn't really care that it wasn't top spec, but I would have liked it to have been a bit better maintained. I thought the room looked a bit grubby with stains/marks on the furniture and walls, the wallpaper was coming away in areas, one of the light fixtures was broken, it hadn't really been cleaned properly, and it just looked a bit worse for wear. When I walked in I also got creeped out a bit. It reminded me of that movie Vacancy for some reason, so I will admit to having a quick -- ok thorough-- check under the bed, in the bathroom, behind the ironing board etc.... as you do....

Staff were hit or miss. Some were super friendly and some were, well, not. I did wait for about 10 mins while one guy who was meant to be at the front desk couldn't tear himself away from the TV screen.

Regarding location, it was in a fairly good spot. About 20 mins to the beach front where there were plenty of bars, restaurants etc.

Other things: the hotel has a weird smell all the way through it (reception area and rooms); it is NOISY -- I got really irritated as people would have conversations outside my room at all hours, the pool is small and doesn't look appealing at all, and the breakfast is rubbish. I think the milk was bad.

Tip: use this place for a layover and it's fine. Wouldn't stay for a long vacation though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JenniferJane84
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We had the king suite. All it needed was a fridge and microwave to make it perfect. The breakfast was lacking. Overall nice place. The hot tub was under construction and the pool looked a little green.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I booked a king jacuzzi room for our one year wedding anniversary... I figured we would be treated well as we were in the most expensive room... yea, not so much. From the moment we walked in, the man at the desk looked annoyed that he had to help a customer. Our room wasn't ready so we came back an hour later and got another guy who didn't even look up from messing around with his phone while he was talking to us. The people here just don't seem to care about their customers and want to get paid to stand around doing nothing. Then we got to the room and it was dingy... I'm not high maintenance by a long shot but I felt uncomfortable looking at the strange black fingerprint smudges throughout the room
and began pondering if it had been a crime scene. We tried to get away for the weekend but couldn't drive back home fast enough!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple