Wave Hotel
The Belamar Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 219
US$ 208
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 189
US$ 164
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 186
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
The Sea View Inn at the Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 215
Crimson Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
US$ 117
US$ 111
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 131
US$ 306
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Seahorse Inn Motel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 121
US$ 105
Shade Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 439
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsa tad bitfree parking underneathminute walk to the beachfamily suitepool and hot tubsepulvedaubermanhattan
Reviewed 10 September 2013

If you're looking for somewhere to stay one or two nights that's close to the airport then this place isn't too bad. It has a free shuttle to the airport which is handy (otherwise you're looking at a $20-30 cab ride one way).

In terms of the hotel, you get what you pay for, right? The room was pretty large (I had a king bed room) and it had the basics. I didn't really care that it wasn't top spec, but I would have liked it to have been a bit better maintained. I thought the room looked a bit grubby with stains/marks on the furniture and walls, the wallpaper was coming away in areas, one of the light fixtures was broken, it hadn't really been cleaned properly, and it just looked a bit worse for wear. When I walked in I also got creeped out a bit. It reminded me of that movie Vacancy for some reason, so I will admit to having a quick -- ok thorough-- check under the bed, in the bathroom, behind the ironing board etc.... as you do....

Staff were hit or miss. Some were super friendly and some were, well, not. I did wait for about 10 mins while one guy who was meant to be at the front desk couldn't tear himself away from the TV screen.

Regarding location, it was in a fairly good spot. About 20 mins to the beach front where there were plenty of bars, restaurants etc.

Other things: the hotel has a weird smell all the way through it (reception area and rooms); it is NOISY -- I got really irritated as people would have conversations outside my room at all hours, the pool is small and doesn't look appealing at all, and the breakfast is rubbish. I think the milk was bad.

Tip: use this place for a layover and it's fine. Wouldn't stay for a long vacation though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JenniferJane84
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We had the king suite. All it needed was a fridge and microwave to make it perfect. The breakfast was lacking. Overall nice place. The hot tub was under construction and the pool looked a little green.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I booked a king jacuzzi room for our one year wedding anniversary... I figured we would be treated well as we were in the most expensive room... yea, not so much. From the moment we walked in, the man at the desk looked annoyed that he had to help a customer. Our room wasn't ready so we came back an hour later and got another guy who didn't even look up from messing around with his phone while he was talking to us. The people here just don't seem to care about their customers and want to get paid to stand around doing nothing. Then we got to the room and it was dingy... I'm not high maintenance by a long shot but I felt uncomfortable looking at the strange black fingerprint smudges throughout the room
and began pondering if it had been a crime scene. We tried to get away for the weekend but couldn't drive back home fast enough!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine M
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The first thing I notice is an overwhelming smell of mint, but the mint was just a cover for what must have been mildew and or mold. The room was very humid and I wanted to leave,. I asked if there was another room but there wasn't. It was totality gross and I would never sty there again. The guy at the desk suggested I keep the door open to get rid of the smell, the carpet was gross, I kept my clothes and shoes on the whole time. Only slept for like a few hours and was out of there.
This place needs to be torn down.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Staff very loud early in the a.m. Not great when you are on vacation and getting woken up by 7 a.m. Room was clean but couldn't close door to washroom , no plug for bathtub. When staying at a location for more than 3 days it would be nice to have a bit of variety in the continental breakfast rather same offerings every single day. We ended up going out last 2 days of Six and buy breakfast elsewhere. Doubt we would stay there again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com