“Oh so delicious!”

North End Caffe
Ranked #24 of 191 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Oh so delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

Saw this on Triple D, and so glad we did! We all had breakfast & all got something different & everything was unique & delicious...Run! Don't walk to this place! It is worth it!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Palmdale, California
“A gem lunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We rode our bicycles from Marina Del Rey along the beach cycle path and was looking for a nice lunch spot to stop, eat, rest and then ride back. We saw the reviews on Tripadvisor for this place and we were not disappointed. We arrived a little early for lunch and the small restaurant was packed with people having brunch. But we ordered, took our order number and shortly a table vacated for us. The Fettuccine Carbonara is not served until after noon so we ordered a plate of Kahlua Pig Monte Cristo Egg Rolls (KP's) to start with which were so good, infact they were that good I think we wished we had just ordered 2 plates of KP's and nothing else! Luckily we had about 15 minutes to digest the KP's before the Fettuccine Carbonara arrived, we shared that as well and we still didn't finish it all. I rarely eat pasta but this dish could make me a fan. Clearly this place is very popular and quite rightly so, we watched other meals being brought out and everything looked big and nicely presented. We'll be back for more!! Note of caution if you are cycling along the beach path the restaurant is about 3 blocks up from the beach, we rode to the pier and walked up the street and rode along Highland Avenue to the caffe - avoiding the steep stairs from the beach.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank thumperparis
Lompoc, California
“Bounty by the Sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

I had a "Sloppy Ho" at the North End Cafe and it was unbelievably good, the Kahlua pork was melt in your mouth good and went together well with the Hawaiian Cole slaw, wasabi mojo and Swiss cheese. My wife had the California Chicken Club and it was equally as good, large slices of real chicken breast, avocado, bacon, creole majo, Swiss & cheddar, lettuce and tomato, what's not to like. The fries were excellent as well and the dipping sauce was first rate. I thought that finding a parking place was the hardest thing but I was wrong, deciding on what to pick from the menu was really a tough task. John, the owner, stopped by the table for a chat and sent over one of his signature Kahlua Pig Monte Cristo Egg Rolls - if that's all I had I'd have been writing the same review, just fantastic. John's wife is the co-owner and she was very helpful and hospitable as well. And they both treated us like we were their only customers while the place was packed and busy as all get out. You can bet that we'll be back...

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank FB54
Phoenix
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What has happened to this place?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

My husband and I went for dinner yesterday, solely for the fresh pasta, which was touted on DD&D. Sadly, we found the food extremely disappointing. The pasta is no longer fresh or homemade.The explanation given by the waiter, was that it used to be, but they could no longer handle "the volume". Looking around at the other, mostly empty, 7 or 8 tables in the small space, I I was mystified by that. Unfortunately, this was after I had received my order of fettucine carbonara, one of the blackboard entrees. In addition, found the very small bits of bacon in the extremely heavily salted sauce, to be somewhat chewy, with the texture of the pre cooked stuff one gets at the the supermarket. For $18.00, a la carte , I expected much better quality! In addition, instead of a decent bread basket, which is usually served with a dinner of that sort, there were only a couple of slices of barely toasted, ordinary, tastless Italian bread served right on top of the bowl of pasta, with no butter in sight! I was also surprised that the wine, my husband ordered, arrived in an ordinary small sized water glass instead of the customary wine glass. Obviously, this place has changed owners, or must be under new management since it was featured on the tv show and is living on its past glory. We will certainly never return!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank charlenePhoenix
Saskatoon, Canada
“Triple D!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

We went here as we are fans of diners, drive ins and dives. They had a large menu of sandwiches and other casual fare. My wife had a short rib po'boy and I had the Cubano sandwich. First of all, the meals are huge!! My wifes po'boy was delicious, great flavors and taste, my sandwich wasn't nearly as good, it was somewhat dry and not very much flavor. The salad I had as a side was a few lettuces from a bag with very little dressing. We had an egg roll to start and that was delicious. The dipping sauce was perfect and we instantly wished we had ordered more. The cafe is in a great location close to the beach. We would have never known about it if not for triple d but we were happy with our meal. Only negative is they weren't overly friendly when we arrived or when ordered our food.

Visited May 2012