All reviews full kitchen basketball court car dealership living room the penthouse fire pit yogurt busy street the breakfast area sepulveda blvd pool and hot tub santa monica la area short drive happy hour rooms were very clean social hour
Reviewed 19 January 2016

We spent two nights here, arriving on Christmas day. We picked it mainly for the location/area and that we've had decent experiences with other Residence Inns. The other key reason we picked it...queen beds. I had the hardest time finding lodging in the LA area with queens.

There was some construction going on in the area where our room was located and we were sort of tucked away in the back, which wasn't as easy with a ton of luggage, but it wasn't awful either. Parking was at least convenient to the room and things were nice and quiet at night.

We had very good service from the front desk, and when we needed extra bedding for the sleep sofa, someone came by pretty quickly with everything we needed. Housekeeping also did a nice job each day.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2016

This is an older property and there have some construction going on, it looks like remodeling, maybe. The room was fine, over crowded with furniture for the size of the room. The bathroom was small and the shower curtain rod was broken and hung down low.
The kitchen was equipped with everything you need if you were picking something up at the store.
The bed was fine - the workout room was a bit small but well maintained. The breakfast was good.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Chris D, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Adam-Kelley,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. There is some construction happening at the hotel and we hope it will all be done by the end of the month. I hope it did not disrupt your stay. Hope we will see you again if you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Great breakfast and easy to travel from here. Close to Lax. I only wish they had a weekly rate for Grandmas to visit their grandchildren and only use the room to sleep overnight. Coming again soon but may not be able to afford.

Date of stay: October 2015
Chris D, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Linda W-

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am really glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast offerings. We'd love to see you when you come back to visit your grandchildren. Happy New Year!

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

I originally had 6 nights booked. I am leaving tomorrow after 3 nights.

1. The parking is ridiculous! The spots are extremely small and you will have to park far from your room.

2. I arrived with two small children and was placed on the second floor. I had to bring 6 luggage up a flight of stairs while my car was parked a couple buildings over.

3. My room overlooks an autobody shop with outdoor bays. In addition to the terrible sight expect some noise at 630am.

4. The room is old and the mattresses are terrible. I had to get my sheets replaced because they were crusty and stained. The water out of the taps started off yellow. My tv had no volume. The maintenance person said that unplugging it and plugging it back in should work - it worked- so that's what I have to do every time I turn off the tv.

5. Wifi has gone down twice in three days. The one time the problem was fixed quickly. The second time is was almost a full day.

6. Breakfast says 630-930. What the lady said when we arrived at 9am yesterday was that the food is no longer replenished after 9 - but you can eat what's left until 930. Well... I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Terrible service.

I don't complain - I'm the kind of person that just leaves. I did speak to the front desk when a problem had to be fixed - the desk staff was very polite.

You're apx 2 miles from the beach and you'll need a car anyways. Stay a little further away and get a nicer hotel for a better price.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MasterRater
Chris D, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

I am so sorry for the issues you had during your stay. This is not how we want our guests to feel. I am sorry you had to park so far from your room, we have had more cars in the lot the last few days than normal due to the holidays and I do understand your frustration. The internet issue is now fixed it was a problem outside our building from the provider and effected more than just our hotel. I know that not having internet is very inconvenient and do apologize that it was not working. I am very sorry that your stay was so poor, I wish you would have brought this all to my attention so I could have made efforts to fix the problems. I do understand that you wanted to move on due to all these issues. If ou'd reach out to me I will see if I can try to make things a little better for you.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

I haven't written many negative reviews, but I felt I needed to post this to warn others about this hotel.

Before I begin however, I'd like to acknowledge that the staff were very accommodating and friendly, so they were wonderful. It was merely the facilities that were unsatisfactory in my opinion.

Here are the problems with staying at a "Residence Inn" style hotel from Marriott:

1) No elevators for 2nd floor rooms
- If you happen to get a room on the 2nd floor, then you'll have to carry your luggage up a flight of stairs to get to your room. Of course you can wait for a porter at check-in, but that doesn't help for all the other times during your stay that you need to move heavy bags to and from your room and your vehicle.

2) Water heaters and A/C units
- These are scattered across the property, and unfortunately your room is often just a few feet away from these very noisy devices. My first room had a water heater outside the area where my bed was located, and it produced a terrible buzzing noise that motivated me to request another room. If you're a light sleeper, these devices will keep you up, especially as they turn on and off again throughout the night. The A/C units sound like a car starting its engine when it comes on.

3) Room conditions
- The main building facilities are pretty new and fresh, however your actual room looks like it's from the 80's (the one on Redondo Beach I stayed at previously also had an awful, stale odour). My second room during my stay also had a completely broken mattress. The middle of the bed caved in about a good 6 inches lower than the sides of the bed. I have no idea why this mattress was not disposed of previously - it is completely unacceptable.

Overall, I don't think I'd ever stay at a Residence Inn style hotel from Marriott again. I travel alone for business, so I don't really need all that space or a kitchen, so there really is no appeal for me with this kind of hotel, especially with all the problems noted above. These types of hotels seem to be suited strictly for people travelling with kids and/or dogs, or for extended stays in which they would benefit from a kitchen and full fridge.

Room tip: Ask for a lower floor room unless you want to haul your luggage up and down stairs
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank TH3R
Chris D, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

Dear TH3R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I am happy to hear that you found the service of our staff accommodating and friendly. I am sorry the noise from the air conditioning kept you up at night and do understand the value of a good nights rest. The set up of our hotel does present some challenges as we do not have elevators as you mentioned to our second floor rooms but we are always happy to assist with luggage. If you would like to reach out to me I would be happy to discuss these items and see if I can't make things right for you.