All reviewsroom was cleanpool area lookswould stay againpleasant walkneeded a place to staygood sizelong beachenjoyed our staystayed one nightlax airportenglish muffinlos angelespier
Reviewed 11 October 2010

The room has no ventalation. When you shower the whole room is wet. The staff is rude. There is no privacy. There are bed bugs.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank risla1
suurge2000, General Manager at Crimson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2010

This guest claimed there were bugs in the room. Immediately after the guest reported this to the front desk, the guest was moved to a different room that they found to their liking and actually extended their stay for an additional night. The room the guest claimed had bugs was also inspected immediately after the guest had moved. We did not find any eveidence of bugs. In any case, all bedding was rewashed, the carpet was shampooed, and the flooring and walls were treated. The guest was also given a 30% discount for the inconvenience of having to move to a different room. Thank you.

Reviewed 11 June 2010

We booked this room through priceline after reading the good reviews it had. We DID NOT have the same experience. We booked 1 room for 4 people. We requested a cot on priceline before booking as well since the 2nd bed wasn't a couple. The front desk gentleman could not have been more hostile about providing a cott. He was a pretty scary dude. He said we only booked for 2 people which wasnt even true. He then would not even provide pillows. One of our friends had to sleep on the floor with all of our blankets (they couldnt provide anything). Several things at this hotel were broken, including the shuttle. We were taken to the airport in a pickup truck. The internet also did not work, the safe was broken, and so was the hot tub. The rest of the staff was really nice but this gentleman ruined our experience. If you book here i hope someone else is working on that day.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Having been assigned a room with a very noisy bathroom fan, I was given keys to two other rooms to decide which was less noisy and without obvious problems. Having decided on one of these, I moved all my bags to the new room. Much to my surprise I awoke to find the the bathroom sink area was crawling with ants along the sink and up the walls.

The breakfast consisted of watery waffle mix to be made on a dirty maker, stale bagels and over ripe fruit.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank ChicagoGerard
Reviewed 5 May 2010

My husband and I stayed here for one day and night and because I rely on Trip Advisor to help me make my hotel choice I thought this would be good. First, I must say the people that work at the hotel are very nice and helpful. Our room had a king size bed that was nice. The location was a nice walk (17 min.) to Manhattan Beach.
The carpet and furniture were very old and dirty. There were black ants everywhere in our room. The safe did not work properly and we were afraid to use it for fear of having our things stuck inside (this actually happened before). There was very little air circulation in the room and it faced the pool, so it was either air or noise. The free breakfast was hardly worth not spending the extra money for a clean room. Maybe if they offered oatmeal packets or a wheat bread choice.....

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mshtown
Reviewed 13 April 2010

The only 2 things great about this place is the location and its an inexpensive room to get if you are there only for 1 night and just need a place to store your belongings and sleep and move on.

The room was $97 total. and I look at my statement and it shows $97 charge for room and $50 extra fee. I call the hotel back and they are like oh well it looks like you had a pet in the room. These people are crooks and this isnt the last they are going to hear from me. Be warned people this place is not as it seems.

Twitter/Quickinvestment feel free to contact me travelers

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
suurge2000, Manager at Crimson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2010

Hello, Thank you for your review. We are sorry for the problem you encountered. We were, however, able to verify that there was a pet in the room during your stay at our establishment therefore we had to charge a pet cleaning fee as our hotel does not accept pets. Whenever there is a pet, we must have to room professionally cleaned and santitized to remove any evidence of the pet being there. Thank you.