“We loved it and we will be back!!!”
Review of Crimson Hotel

Crimson Hotel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I took my family of 5 on vacation and stayed here.We had a family suite which was perfect for us! Breakfast was good, just no meat as stated in the online description.The price was excellent for what we got! The staff was very friendly and helpful.Close to a variety of restaurants and stores! We will be back next spring for sure!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank donkeypig
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed here as our online reservation at another hotel did not go through. All other hotels in the area were booked except this one, and now I understand why. The only room available had a queen bed and was a smoking room. I didn't know motels in California still had smoking rooms! The room smelled absolutely horrible. We didn't notice that there were ants until the middle of the night, when we felt them crawling all over us. The ice machine just outside of our room made ice every 20 minutes or so all night, making sleep next to impossible--combined with the fact that the people staying on the floor above us partied until 4am, very loudly with management not intervening. The fan in the bathroom doesn't go off when you turn the light off--also precluding sleep in the middle of the night. Parts of the bathtub had holes in them, the carpet was filthy. This was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed at-definitely nowhere hear as nice as a Motel 6. Oh yes, the clerk at the front desk was extremely unpleasant as well!

Room Tip: Top floor, non-smoking
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2011

On Friday March 4, 2011 we checked into the hotel. Upon waking up Saturday morning, I saw a small bug in the bed, and dismissed it as just a bug in the room. However, waking up Sunday morning, there was the same type of bug in the bed again. After further examination of the bed and sheets, we found several bugs on different layers of the bedding. Spots consistent of blood were found on sheets as well. After finding this, I researched the different type of bed bugs, to confirm what we found. When checking out, we reported to the front desk about the situation. Front desk staff was brought to the room to validate what was found. He witnessed dead bugs, and one crawling on the bed before all parties left the room.

Here were the front desk staff solutions:
50% discount on room rates (not accepted)

After returning home, I ended up getting bed bugs. I was bit all over my body. I have had to have my house fumigated three times, carpets shampooed twice and had to wash every piece of clothing, towels, sheets, blankets I own. The management of the hotel has not replied to any email or phone call I have sent him. He has informed me that we were refunded for the nights we were there.

Customer service at this hotel is unsatisfactory.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
9  Thank Azgreeneyes
Reviewed 15 December 2010

The shopping centre (inc Macy's and supermarket) is in walking distance, there are enough restaurants nearby, beach is close and it is in the safe neighbourhood. I requested a quiet room in the back, so that was good. You need to call the hotel to get the shuttle from the airport and it took about 20 mins. For some reasons, they charged me for the "safe" in the room, so if you don't want it, you need to mention it at check in. I was there for a stop over to break my long flights, so that was good enough - did my shopping and went to the beach for a walk and had a nice meal at the Thai restaurant around the corner. There is one PC at the reception for internet use, it worked, did not have to wait, so I was happy for that. Wish there is a printer attached to it.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank B747-400
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Room was comfortable and hotel had parking underneath. I needed to check in for a flight and print a boarding pass and when I hit the print button, I was told there was no printer available. I found this inconvienient

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends