“BED BUG HOTEL!!”
Review of Crimson Hotel

Crimson Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Reviewed 28 March 2011

On Friday March 4, 2011 we checked into the hotel. Upon waking up Saturday morning, I saw a small bug in the bed, and dismissed it as just a bug in the room. However, waking up Sunday morning, there was the same type of bug in the bed again. After further examination of the bed and sheets, we found several bugs on different layers of the bedding. Spots consistent of blood were found on sheets as well. After finding this, I researched the different type of bed bugs, to confirm what we found. When checking out, we reported to the front desk about the situation. Front desk staff was brought to the room to validate what was found. He witnessed dead bugs, and one crawling on the bed before all parties left the room.

Here were the front desk staff solutions:
50% discount on room rates (not accepted)

After returning home, I ended up getting bed bugs. I was bit all over my body. I have had to have my house fumigated three times, carpets shampooed twice and had to wash every piece of clothing, towels, sheets, blankets I own. The management of the hotel has not replied to any email or phone call I have sent him. He has informed me that we were refunded for the nights we were there.

Customer service at this hotel is unsatisfactory.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
9  Thank Azgreeneyes

Reviewed 15 December 2010

The shopping centre (inc Macy's and supermarket) is in walking distance, there are enough restaurants nearby, beach is close and it is in the safe neighbourhood. I requested a quiet room in the back, so that was good. You need to call the hotel to get the shuttle from the airport and it took about 20 mins. For some reasons, they charged me for the "safe" in the room, so if you don't want it, you need to mention it at check in. I was there for a stop over to break my long flights, so that was good enough - did my shopping and went to the beach for a walk and had a nice meal at the Thai restaurant around the corner. There is one PC at the reception for internet use, it worked, did not have to wait, so I was happy for that. Wish there is a printer attached to it.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank B747-400
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Room was comfortable and hotel had parking underneath. I needed to check in for a flight and print a boarding pass and when I hit the print button, I was told there was no printer available. I found this inconvienient

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank kharmannghia
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Title says it all. This is an average hotel. It no frills. The location is close to the beach and LAX. Lots of Restaurants in the area. The room was clean, but tired. Could use a makeover. The pool was clean, however, the weather would not cooperate. Staff was freindly and helpful. Breakfast was the usual Comfort Inn selections. If need be I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank zebrasky
Reviewed 11 October 2010

The room has no ventalation. When you shower the whole room is wet. The staff is rude. There is no privacy. There are bed bugs.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank risla1
suurge2000, General Manager at Crimson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2010

This guest claimed there were bugs in the room. Immediately after the guest reported this to the front desk, the guest was moved to a different room that they found to their liking and actually extended their stay for an additional night. The room the guest claimed had bugs was also inspected immediately after the guest had moved. We did not find any eveidence of bugs. In any case, all bedding was rewashed, the carpet was shampooed, and the flooring and walls were treated. The guest was also given a 30% discount for the inconvenience of having to move to a different room. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manhattan Beach
2.4 km away
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Crimson Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK