All reviews tent camp fire pit dolphins swimming hiking trails one night beach front ocean view sand spots rincon picnic rv sound shore pch parallel surf
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I haven't camped at this location, but have driven through it. It's like a tiny Rincon, very cool spot to camp. The only problem is that the turn-around at the end is VERY narrow; there's no way I could do a U-turn in there with my crew cab truck and 30' bumper pull trailer without jackknifing. MAYBE a short 5er could turn around in there? If you have a 4WD truck, you MAY be able to do a three-point turn to get out by backing your rig out onto the sand and pulling out forward, but I sure wouldn't risk that without 4WD, because the sand is soft and deep. Just FYI.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Alicia A
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Rv parking parallel to the ocean, nothing but sand and the sea, dolphins swimming by. The beach gets Rocky by the water, but this adds to the rustic charm.
Only 41 spaces, tents and limited size TV's
No hookups,
We loved it

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2017

This is the closest to the beach that I have ever had to honor to sleep by. IT WAS AMAZING! The beach is clean, but rocky. I wore water shoes the whole time. Each site comes with a picnic table,fire pit and parking by the site. I'ts truly convenient. Bring a Canopy! There is absolutely no shade. They have portable restrooms that were okay on Friday and a nightmare by Sunday. I am just grateful that they were available honestly. I camp a lot and in places where restrooms are not available, so no matter how gross they may be I appreciate them lol ALSO: this is a party location! The spots are very close to each other and Teens camp there to drink and party. Our group of 7 (ages between 27-32) decided to join the teens instead of getting upset. Rules state that quiet time is between 10pm -6 but that was not enforced here. Party went on until 4:30 AM. We made the best of it and felt young again. haha

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank Darrenee33
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Last week my husband and I joined our daughter and family at Thornhill Broome Campgrounds. Such a fun experience. The campgrounds were clean, people were friendly, and dogs were allowed to be with us. Our two golden retrievers just loved it too! Although it is a primitive campgrounds, we had motorhomes and everything was great! There were others in tents and they seemed to be having fun too.

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank Joy A
Reviewed 16 November 2016

There are not a lot of places where you can camp directly on the beach (at least officially). This was a great experience. We put up our tent close to the ocean and experienced and a great sunset. It was soothing hearing the waves at night. Make sure to attach your tent properly (ideally using big stones) since it can get very windy.
There is no potable water which was ok for us since we only stayed one night.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple