“Over-priced, fake Mexican food served up in a nice location...”

Coral Beach Cantina
Ranked #49 of 96 Restaurants in Malibu
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Tried this place on the way back from Zuma on a whim. Am sitting here now with a stomach ache, $55 poorer and wishing that I had kept on driving. The food was mediocre, at best. Beans tasted like they came out of a can and the rice tasted like it came out of a box. And I can't believe the prices they charge for the drinks! And the place was packed! Go figure...

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Our AirBnB host recommend this small cantina. Drive slow so you don't miss it as we had to make two u-turns. Everything was delicious; we shared enchiladas, tacos, and fajitas. The price was reasonable. The service was supreme because our waiter was especially patient with our questions.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We have many times ordered take out and the food was always hot and ready for pickup. On this occasion, we visited the restaurant. The service was great and the food was excellent. Drinks were made to order and they were tasty. Food arrived quickly and didn't disappoint. Seating inside and out on the patio. Nice visit.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017

As a former Malibu resident, I've been dining here since 1990. The food was always amazing.

On a recent visit with my wife and kids, my wife and I were pumped on Zooma Sushi and the kids were pumped on CBC. At best, the food was a disappointment. I'm uncertain if they have had ownership changes, but it's nowhere near as good as it was.

The kicker was when they brought the bill. They charged $6.95 for a Shirley Temple and only $3.95 for a sprite. I think my beer was only $5.00. I asked for the manager and Reese took care of it immediately when asked, "$3.00 for a splash of grenadine?" For which, I was appreciative, but come on......

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Just up from Zuma beach is a little Cantina. The best part of it is the convenience to Zuma beach. But really the food was only so so, and the service not great.

We had a group (6 adults, 2 kids), and the place is tiny. And we had a variety of food (from basic tacos and enchiladas, to a fish taco and carnitas). Service was slow, and I had to ask for tortillas that should have come with my food. So, while food was OK (but not exceptional), the overall ambience and service was not.

Choices in Malibu area are not great. But this is at best an OK restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Luke2John

Been to Coral Beach Cantina? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK