I have traveled extensively, and rarely feel compelled to write rave reviews of a place, but the Malibu Beach Inn granted an experience that couldn't be ignored. The hotel property is immaculate and beautiful, the rooms clean, comfortable, and gorgeous. The location is perfectly situated and the rooms overlook, in my opinion, the prettiest part of Malibu including the pier. The epic part of the hotel however, is the service. I've stayed in many luxury hotels and none have surpassed this top notch experience!!!
A few examples...upon check in, there had been a mix up with the booking company, Luxury Link, and although 2 rooms had been reserved, only one showed. The General Manager, Tolga, and his assistant, Avi, were extremely courteous and welcoming. Never did they question the mistake, instead they welcomed us in our disheveled state (we had driven all day in a Jeep with the top down and must have looked a fright for such a chic place!), offered us a seat and a glass of wine, and remedied the situation themselves entirely, all the while making us feel comfortable and at ease. I overheard them on the phone with the Luxury Link people saying they weren't going to "just place an extra hold on my credit card" that they preferred to simply take my word for it and get the confirmation sent to the hotel in the morning when the travel concierge opened.
The over the top service continued from there. We dined 6 times at the restaurant in the 4 day stay, and Will, Sam, and Marcella, were absolutely unsurpassed in friendliness, smiles, and willingness to please. Food was great, which should be expected for the price, but it really was the service that was so incredible.
A special thanks to Courtney at the front desk. She took several of my calls and personally ran over everything from a toothbrush to some wine glasses within moments of asking. Most importantly, when I inquired where I could go to send a package to a friend of my starting chemotherapy, she took the gifts herself, made a basket for them, and sent them out from the front desk, all the while telling me she "loved crafts" and was "sorry about my friend." The whole experience with Tolga, Avi, Will, Sam, Marcella, Courtney, and Rico was unsurpassed. I've never seen a happier, more customer service driven bunch. Malibu Beach Inn definitely gets the award of any luxury hotel I've ever visited! Thank you all sincerely, what an incredible stay we had!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificently nestled right on the sands of famed "Billionaire’s Beach," Malibu Beach Inn is a spectacular ocean-front getaway within minutes of LA. Since its inception in 1989, Malibu Beach Inn has become a beloved destination for both leisure and business travelers. After a complete, contemporary multi-million-dollar renovation, Malibu Beach Inn re-opened its doors as the only luxury oceanfront hotel destination between Santa Monica and Santa Barbara, offering guests unsurpassed levels of luxury and service on the sands of exclusive Carbon Beach. The Malibu Beach Inn is approximately 22 miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The hotel embraces the serene beauty of the Malibu coastline through its landscaping, architecture and interior design. It also embodies the spirit of one of Southern California's most exclusive communities through the warm hospitality of its multilingual, European-trained staff, its signature beach club, and a unique collection of artwork by contemporary painter Glenn Ness. The Carbon Beach Club features California coastal cuisine with Pacific Rim accents that is complemented by an outstanding and extensive list of hand-selected small-production wines from California's premier wine regions. The dining room offers both indoor and outdoor dining, both of which boast breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the sound of the tumbling surf below.Guest rooms feature private balconies, minibars, coffeemakers, hairdryers, bathrobes, DVD players, safes, complimentary high-speed Internet access, fireplaces (most rooms), and private hot tubs (some rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Malibu Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Beach Hotel Malibu
- Malibu Beach Bed Breakfast
- Beach Inn Malibu