Review Highlights
Gorgeous atmosphere, best for dry red lovers

Reviewed 7 September 2018
Carolyn N
Merced, CA
Had a fantastic overall experience here...

Reviewed 7 June 2015
trra
Madera, California

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Despite my headline, it is always worth a visit to any winery. Especially Birdstone, the setting is amazing and events fun to attend with lots of vendors and food. My personal opinion of the wine is secondary to having fun and the atmosphere. Give it a try you may love the wine and have a great time,

Reviewed 7 September 2018

The atmosphere is gorgeous! The grounds are perfect for a wedding, and the interior of the tasting room is rife with easy gifts for the wine lovers in your life. Ambiance is lovely.

The wines are...complicated. If you LOVE good reds, this is home sweet home. If you like sweet wines, you are going to be bored. The Chardonnay is steel barrelled, and I suspect those barrels are new because I could smell it on their Chard and its blends. However, their reds are sooo good, that I can forgive that and own that I'll go back to get more before the new year is out (I'm local). Tasting is $8 a person but will be discounted on the first bottle purchased.

Tourists: Go here if you want interesting dry blends, both white and red. Also, if you love reds, this is a very important stop.

Locals: If you're going to do a ton of tastings, and they have a strong list of options, then yes, you can get those discounts.

The $8 discount on their $10 bottles of wine is an easy yes. $2, even if youre only in "like" and not in "love"? What an easy choice!

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Just had our first tasting and will be back. Bought two bottles of Pinot Noir and one bottle of the Syrah. Thanks to Kim and Tony for making us feel welcome.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Birdstone is the real deal located in the heart of Madera wine country. The owners are lovely and are hands-on growers and vintners. You'll probably meet them when you visit their tasting room.

Their wines are exceptional and their farm and tasting room make for an authentic wine country visit. This is the closest you'll get to a Napa Valley wine tasting experience in Madera.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Birdstone Winery is one of the best wineries I have visited since coming to California. Beautiful, picturesque property, terrific wines, in terms of variety, quality, and price, and they have an incredibly friendly and knowledgeable staff. I visited the winery several times before joining their wine club to ensure the consistency of their service and every time was a wonderful experience. I am really looking forward to being a part of this wine family and invite others to join as well.

1  Thank CDMJacksonville_FL
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I attend the wine trail events at least twice a year so have visited most of the wineries in the area. Birdstone has a beautiful property. While the staff is knowledgeable and most are friendly, the gentleman I spoke with was kind of snotty. I also wasn't impressed with their wines. However, the venue itself is great. They do have special events that are worth attending. And when they bring in food, it's good quality for a good price.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

First went on the Madera Wine Trail. Venue is beautiful. We ate lunch on a rolling lawn listening to good music.The wine is very good, especially the reds.

Reviewed 7 June 2015

My Son bought tickets for myself and his Grandmother for Birdstones Mothers Day Brunch. It was a lovely day ! An all you wanted Mimosa bar, VERY generous wine tasting, A glass of wine of your choice for during your meal, and a simple yet tasty Brunch. AND a wonderful duo EL ENCANTO playing beautiful flamenco music all throughout. The owners and all staff were very friendly as well. We hope they repeat next Mothers Day, and we will definitely attend.

1  Thank trra
Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

Went wine tasting with friends. This winery was our favorite. The staff is friendly and very knowledgable. They had food for purchase and a picnic area. Would go again.

Reviewed 15 February 2015

Went here for the Madera Wine trail on V Day. I didn't like a single wine they served, tasted cheap and like vinegar to me. The facility was nice and it was very crowded so some must enjoy but it just wasn't for me. They were the least organized out of the five vineyards/wineries we went to that day.