1,436 results
All reviews signature club fireweed grill hot tub steam room beautiful location loft room nordic spa guest services woody's pub market cafe nakiska ski the cedar room forte restaurant walking trails ski hill mountain lodge rocky mountains
Reviewed 11 October 2018

WOW!! This place has really changed for the better over the last two years!

Very clean, very friendly and a helpful staff! The current manager KNOWS hospitality!
A shout out to Natoya, Hazel, John from the Okanagen,and the servers (sadly, I have forgotten their names) they were from East Germany, Tasmania - we had a great discussion about Tasmanian Devils, and "Gin", the "In Training" server. These worked at the Forte and were incredibly friendly and helpful.

At the Blacktail Bar, François... what can I say, he is a great character (ask him about his motorcycle). We remembered him from last year (2017). And Helene went out of her way to explain ice wine, she really knows her wine! These individuals really made us feel at home as if we were spending Thanksgiving with family. This year everyone on staff seemed happier and really willing and able to help. That in itself was extremely pleasant.

My wife and I have been taking our Thanksgiving holiday for the past 10 years or so at this hotel. You may know it from the previous name; the Delta Kananaskis and that place was fantastic; their other buildings were the John Palliser, Signature Club, and the Mount Kidd Lodge were the buildings we remembered!

The ownership changed about 2015-2016. I can say that 2016 was a bad, very very bad experience, truly it was an embarrassment for the corporation. My wife and I really wondered if we would ever return! But what the heck, we can't give up now and 2017 was better, still sub par, but 2018 was near perfect! And this is BEFORE all the renovations are finished! My wife really enjoyed the Nordic Spa. I really hope 2019 will be even better (but it will be a challenge.)

Clearly, the local general manager is working hard for change and improvement, and it shows!

So, if you stayed at the hotel in 2016 or 2017 for the first time, and were dismayed (and there were a LOT of unhappy guests), please try it again. You will be rewarded.

Room tip: Book as early as possible, directly from Marriott, it fills fast and the rates are better.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NoSpark-2009
MarianneS3261, Guest Relations Manager at Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Thank you very much, NoSpark-2009, for your wonderful review. And we want to thank you for giving us another opportunity to improve our impression on you! It's not easy to take over a 30 year hotel and bring it into the new millennium. Lots of "growing pains" and learning to be done. It's still a long road ahead to make this hotel into everything we hope it can be - we thank you for sticking with us and watching us grow. We shall not disappoint!

I will be sharing this review with members of our management team so they may pass along your kind words and praises to our staff. We appreciate you taking the time to mention them. We believe strongly that it is Our People that set us apart, and we are delighted that they were able to make your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Trinity served us on one of our nights stays. She was friendly helpful and a delightful young lady. She helped make the dinning experience a very enjoyable one.We enjoyed our meal selection very much and would dine here again if we return.

Room tip: All rooms seem suitable
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
MarianneS3261, Guest Relations Manager at Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thank you for your very kind words about Trinity, RetiredNanaimo, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I will share this review with management so they can pass along your compliments. Our People is what makes Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge a great place to dine and stay!

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

My family and I traveled to Kananaskis last week and were very happy with our experience at the hotel. In fact, our experience started even before we arrived with the concierge, Don Bowden, reaching out to us in advance to welcome us. He was able to make reservations for us at two different restaurants, and in doing so learned it was my daughter’s (and my birthday). More to come on that shortly.

Once we arrived at the hotel, which has clearly been remodeled recently, we were met with a very warm set of people, a nice welcome packet, and an easy checkin process. When we arrived at our room, the staff had pulled out all the stops to decorate our room for the birthdays. don has made sure our first moments were memorable.

Once we settled in, we explored the grounds and found spectacular views everywhere. We also had a bit to eat in the bar and were served by a very nice Aussie who had just arrived on property. Dinner that evening was also rewarding - both the food and the people we interacted with.

All-in-all, the rooms are modern, the public space is clean and modern, and the location is excellent. But what made our stay were all the nice people we interacted with along the way. Top notch.

The only downsides are that the hotel is a bit of a drive (but a beautiful drive) from Banff and that the rooms are a bit dark and without killer views in most cases even despite the remodel. But those are out of the current organization’s control and minor in the grand scheme of things.

Would have no reservations about returning and thank Don and all the great staff for a memorable experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Lauren A, Assistant Front Office Manager at Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Good Day valued guest,

We are happy that Don our Concierge was able to provide you with an elevated service and experience for your stay.

We also hope your daughter enjoyed her special day with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Waited until next to last day to stay at this great place..Big mistake! We loved everything about this resort!\
First, it is beautiful, with the most wonderful staff, so much to do. Beautiful comfortable rooms, (even though we needed some heat that was supplied) Great beds and pillows. Enjoyed the bar area, and Forte. Not enough time to enjoy the spa.I could easily stay here several days. Just wish it had been my first stop not last one in Canada!\
The nicest surprise from sweet Vedang on coming back to room, a great bottle of wine and cheese board. Wow, wonderful. Had a smile on my face from that one! Thanks again from this very southern woman!\
Lobby was also awesome, light snow, cozy fireplace, so relaxing! Met other guests! All around this is a wonderful place. Hoping for a return trip!\
Thanks again to such an awesome staff!

Good Day Valued Guest,

I am glad you saved the best for last .We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay . I thank you for taking time to appreciate the personal touch arranged by Vedang.

I hope you can visit Canada again and spend more time at the Spa.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2018

We ate lunch in the very chic looking restaurant. Good service and friendly attitude. I have celiac disease and have to follow a medically required gluten free diet. Although the server and the restaurant manager weren't sure of the implications of this, Chef Kavan came to talk with me and was able to produce the most delicious (and safe to eat) risotto. Thanks Kavan!

Room tip: Beautifully renovated hotel in spectacular setting in Kananaskis Country
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good Day Marilyn,

We are glad that our Chef was able to accommodate your dietary needs and you enjoyed your meal.

Warm Regards,