Dragonette Cellars - Tasting Room

from US$ 159.00
More Info
from US$ 180.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 November 2020

I've always liked visiting Dragonette and Nick and Kevin are always nice and helpful. This last visit though, I have to say their wines were exceptional! It used be just be the Sauvignon Blanc that I went there for, because I always felt they did a better job with the Happy Canyon vineyards than those wineries did with their own fruit. This year is was even better, and the Chardonnay and Pinots were great too!

Date of experience: November 2020
2  Thank The5MRanch
Reviewed 7 November 2019

First, the wines are lovely. And the fellow pouring was a good wine educator - we learned a lot about their vineyards, terroir, etc. But the overall experience was dampened when the conversation with the host veered to why Santa Maria's population was growing, and why people did not admit they are from Santa Maria anymore. To wit, "Mexicans have too many kids." All we could think was that without them how would hotel rooms get cleaned? Grapes harvested? Other crops be cultivated and reach the market? In short, why demean the very people who support the wine and tourism industries of the Santa Maria and Santa Ynez Valleys with their very hard work? As much as we liked the wines, we left without purchasing any.

Date of experience: October 2019
1  Thank janeinlaguna
Reviewed 19 October 2019 via mobile

We stopped in without a reservation. We really enjoyed the wines the Pinots were good - a little dry, but we really liked the Syrah (Seven)and the Sauvignon Blanc.

The service was great and very engaging.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 6 December 2017

this was my first time in Los Olivos and my first time at Dragonette. I had a great time and this wine was very tasty. I bought a Rose and enjoyed the $15 tasting that they offer. I would totally go back. The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and funny.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 22 February 2016

on my list of the top two wineries in the valley :) more towards the european style, the owners are great and really careful in their winemaking style. we got to taste a 2008 on this trip that was the best i've had so far from them, absolutely delicious, wish i still had some from that year! :)

Date of experience: February 2016