“New Owners Just Ok Pizza”

T-Birds Pizza of Los Gatos
Ranked #93 of 165 Restaurants in Los Gatos
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

This was our regular Friday night spot. Or we'd take out. It's ok but not as good as it was. Ingredients seem different. But service is okay.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 December 2014

Ordered a slice of pizza but was informed they stop slices at 3 PM. Ordered a small pizza.
The waitress was friendly and engaging. She was a joy to interface with. The rest of the staff behind the counter were oblivious to my presence. They did not acknowledge my presence, they did not smile, they looked through me as if I was not there. The waitress wished me a good evening when I left, the zombies remained silent and impassive.
I sat down at a table with the beer I purchased from the waitress; they have a nice supply of good bottled beer. I waited and I waited. They were mostly making pizza to go. And I waited. Finally she brought my pizza in a take out box. Requested a plate and fork; she apologized for making the wrong assumption.
I opened the box and saw an attractive pizza with lots of vegetables on top. In moving the pizza to the plate I touched the top of the pizza and found it refrigerator temperature. The vegetables on top were uncooked; they had been placed on the pizza just before delivering to me.
The crust of the pizza was very good and crispy. The meat and cheese were good. However, in addition to the top being very cold, the rest of the pizza was barely warm. My only explanation is that the pizza was forgotten in the kitchen and cooled off and that since they thought it was to go, the cold vegetables on top did not matter since it would all be cold by the time I got home.
I ate some of it and then boxed it up and took it home and heated it up. It was fairly good after I added some ham and cheese to the meager topping. And, naturally, it was much more appetizing when it was hot.

Reviewed 11 December 2014

This reminded me of an old-fashioned mom and pop diner... which it was. The salad bar was exceptionally fresh with homemade dressings. The T-Bird special was loaded with items, came out hot, and fresh. This seemed to be a hot-spot for many locals. I would eat here again. Parking in front is limited, but plenty of parking nearby.

Reviewed 2 December 2014

This is a hideaway people don't know about. Their Vegetarian pazza is probably one of the best in the USA. Real veggies you can see.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I've been going to T-Birds for over 25 years, yikes! I've moved out of the country, but every time I'm back I get T-Birds at least twice a week. Perfectly crispy-chewy crust, the best sauce, the freshest cheeses, and I love ALL the crispy pepperoni. It's such a heart-stopping basic treat! They also have a fully-loaded veggie pizza that we LOVE. Cute place to eat in (and a good salad bar to unclog those arteries) and a super fast take-out.