“So so, but not so much...”
Review of The Vegan Joint

The Vegan Joint
Ranked #1,554 of 11,858 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Westside
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This place has a huge menu, with several cuisines mixed together. The food is okay, but the place itself is not too welcoming.

Unlike so many vegetarian restaurants where the staff shows their passion for their food, the staff here seems more anxious to take your money. Any question about ingredients or meal preparation receives the quick response, "all vegan." What kind of sauce do you use? "All vegan." Is it fried or baked? "All vegan." You get the idea.

I have been here a few times because its location is convenient but it is usually when I need something for take away.

The prices are not bad but do not ask for anything special as you will be charged extra.

Date of visit: October 2012
Write a reviewReviews (34)

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I am not a vegetarian but I love vegan foods. This little restaurant has a large selection and variety of flavors with a Thai flare. I always order the stir fry veggies with a side of satan. Their natural healthy smoothies are definitely worth spending money on and their Oriental Chicken salad is terrific!

As an appetizer I always get the fresh spring rolls with their homemade peanut dipping sauce. It really is a must for all meals!

They have dine in, delivery and take out!

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed 21 November 2012

My family and I had dinner at The Vegan Joint while on vacation in LA this summer. Although we're vegetarians, we often eat vegan, so we're familiar with the wide variety of foods available to those who don't consume any animal products. We were pleased by the extensive menu. Hailing from a small town in Western Pennsylvania, we're used to eating at restaurants where we have little choice, so it's always a treat to find a restaurant like The Vegan Joint. That said, while the food was nicely-presented, each of our dishes (there were three of us) could have had been tastier. We walked out thinking that perhaps we just made poor choices. We hope so, because we'd like to see restaurants like this succeed and, from the other reviews posted on this site, it seems as if others have had better experiences than we did. If we lived in the area, we'd certainly give The Vegan Joint a second chance.

Other things to note: the service was friendly and competent, prices are reasonable, there is on-street parking only (it seemed), and the restaurant is small--seats about 35 people. Lots of people came in for take-out while we were eating.

Date of visit: July 2012
1  Thank jsctraveler
Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have been frequent visitors to this place since they opened in 2006! We love this place! I've had just about everything on on the menu and I love it all - the main dishes, the appetizers, the beverages, the desserts... everything. Even if you're not a vegan or vegetarian, I think you'll enjoy the food. Try it! It's great!

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Had great vegan breakfast here...delish pancakes! Waitress was friendly and prices were decent. Would go back.

Date of visit: April 2012