“Great South Indian food and friendly service!”

Woodlands Pure Vegetarian South Indian Cuisine
Ranked #1,869 of 10,967 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet
Neighbourhood: North San Fernando Valley
Reviewed 13 December 2015

Loved the delicious and authentic South Indian food here! The service was very nice: friendly and efficient staff. They went out of their way to accommodate our requests.

Reviewed 11 June 2015

So far we have traveled to LA area 3 times in the last 4 years. Every time we make sure that we dine in here. First 2 times both Lunch Buffet and Dinner. The food experience used to be fabulous. Us being vegetarians from South India (especially Tamilnadu), loved the taste of the food here.

But this time (7th June 2015) we opted for Dinner only and I must say we were disappointed. We had the following:

1. Masala Papad - Exceptionally spicy (in our family my wife eats a lot of spicy/hot food - even according to her standards, it was too spicy - but on complaint they did replace with a moderate spiced papad)
2. Gobi Manchurian - must say it tasted OK. Not exceptional. We did leave some left overs. Usually we don't leave any. That says something. Too saucy.
3. Mixed veg pakoras - they honored our requests to exclude potatoes. Must admin that they were very good.
4. Mysore Royal Thali - Plantain Curry, Dhall and another curry that I forgot already. Chappati, Fryums, Rice, Sambar (very average - we make better sambar), Vathal Kuzhambu (again very average), Rasam (OK), little pachadi and pineapple kesari (I make better kesari). They forgot the Coffee at the end.
5. Mini Idlies - OK.
6. Poori and Bhaji - Good one according to our elder one.

Not sure because of Sunday evening. But we were very disappointed. My wife has said: "That's it. This may be our last trip to this restaurant if we ever come back to this LA area again". Guess they need a better Indian Chef.

Reviewed 11 January 2015

Very good food. Great service. We have been to the buffet service and the food has been fresh and tasty. Worth the money and time.

1  Thank Nithya N
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have gone twice to this Southern Indian food restaurant and loved both visits. The food was delicious. I had seldom eaten Indian food and really fell in love with it here. They have a buffet for lunch that offers many different types of food that makes it easy to try new foods without committing to an entire plate of new flavors. My son recently visited Indian and wanted to show me what real Indian food was like and how it was eaten. I really enjoyed the food and the friendly staff.

1  Thank timg742
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Our second visit here. Did not disappoint.
We had the buffet this time. The MOther's Day special lunch buffet was fabulous. Each and every item tasted awesome! Highly recommended!

1  Thank snod73