“Nice Lunch Spot”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Cross street: De Soto
Transit: Good public transit stops 100 yards from front entrance.
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Had thr antipasta salad - well done. Simple spot; pizza, salads, sandwiches, and breakfast items. Cozy environment.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Stopped in for breakfast on our last day in town. Really good service. Hot coffee and water stayed refilled. Ordered pancakes with bacon and eggs. The red potatoes and toast with mixed berry jam made daily was delicious. My daughter had a tasty omelet too. They even served mimosas! Everything was great! Close to and walking distance from Courtyard Marriott Woodland Hills.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

On a recent trip to the LA area I visited Nicola's in Woodland Hills. It was an easy walk from the Courtyard hotel. What a pleasant surprise. The place was not fancy, but very welcoming. The Chianti classico was a great start along with a basket of herbed focaccia. I had a lovely salad with feta and toasted almonds and light balsamic vinaigrette - yummy. Pasta dishes are available in full size (huge) and half sized. I had a spicy sausage dish with a creamy tomato sauce - brilliant. I was torn on which dessert to order. I thought I'd go for something light and ordered hazelnut gelato. It came and was frozen ball. I was disappointed at first, until to my surprise, there was a liquid chocolate center - delightful. If you order it, let it set 5 minutes before starting. I finished the meal with a cappuccino and a delightful conversation with the owner about the history of the restaurant. The experience made me feel at home and if I do more work in the area, I will make this one of my favorite spots.

1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a trip abroad and were looking for a place on our way home to grab an early dinner. We found Nicola's via google maps. It's on Ventura Blvd with a parking structure around the corner for ample parking. The menu is awesome! LOTS to choose from, including breakfast served all day. My meal was delicious! The complementary bread was incredible.

The staff was very attentive and the cost was affordable. They also serve full and half sizes of their salads and pasta dishes. We will come here again, when in the area, and highly recommend it to our local friends and family.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Four or five stars for the food, but they lose two stars for the menu and the bill. The prices on the menu fail to say half order or full order, creating confusion as what you've ordered and what the real price is. Furthermore there were some unfavorable differences between some prices on the menu and the bill. For example the spaghetti with meat sauce was listed as $9.50 but we were charged $12.50. The spinach fettuchini with chicken and roasted peppers was listed as $13.95 and we were charged $14.50. The following morning (today) we called John the ower and he made good on the differences and more, but still, our guests were highly incensed when the waitress and the on-duty manager failed to make good on all the differences. John the owner has promised to correct the menu by 11/9/16. We'll see, and buyer be warned.