“Pass This 1 BY” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #182 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
Youngstown, Ohio
“Pass This 1 BY”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed a total of 7 nights out of 13 we stayed on our trip to southern Calif. We booked thru Expedia.com. and choose this 1 due to its close location to CBS. We had tickets to The Price Is Right.
Parking was free but almost impossible to get in and out, especially if you had to park in the basement. We had a small car and still had to strain.
Housekeeping took our dirty wash cloths and didn't replace them with clean ones twice. Had to go to the front desk to get clean ones to shower the 1st time. The second time I refused to go and insisted that someone bring them up, waited nearly a half hour to get them. The front desk said they were too busy and couldn't leave. I had to threaten to contest the charge on the credit card to finally get someone to bring me a wash cloth so I could bathe.
The room was VERY small.
Also found a long dark hair that was hanging out of the corner of the shower. I left it there to see how many visits from the housekeeper before it was cleaned. It took 2 visits before it was cleaned. My friend and I have very short hair, so it definately wasn't ours.
The Location is what keeps this place in business.
I would NOT stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I think what has happened to some of the people that have posted negative reviews about this place is that they have lost perspective. I have been lucky enough to stay in some beautiful hotels and this was definitely not one. However, I was not disappointed as I have spent more money on a pair of jeans. When you are looking at lodgings in this price range you don't want to compromise on a couple of things; cleanliness, location and bed bugs. The Rodeway Inn delivers on all of those things, plus you have pleasant staff, good tv and a nice little continental breakfast. Yes, it's not silver service, but when did you even get a free cup of coffee in another low end hotel? Keep perspective and you will be very happy with this little place. I would stay again. Also there is an big amazing health food shop across the street selling sushi, smoothies and all sorts till 11pm. As for the area, I stayed as a single (tiny) woman and did not feel uncomfortable or threatened at all.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor, one room from reception and adjacent to the courtyard, so a terrible r...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank lolly a
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed here one night, and this was more than enough. The room was a good size, had coffee maker, fridge, and small microwave. All seemed well until it was time to go to go to sleep... the walls are paper thin, we could hear the fan in the bathroom from the room next to ours, which was on for an hour.
When our neighbors turned the fan off, we could hear people walking the floor above, as it kept creaking with every step.
Around two a.m., someone decided to turn on their television, at a very loud level. We called the front desk, but no one answered the phone, after being told the desk was manned 24 hours a day. We went to the front desk, and the guy came to our room to hear the loud tv. He stated that he would go find which room it was emitting from and have them lower the volume. Around 15 minutes later, nothing had changed. I called the front desk again, but surprise, no answer.
We ended up walking the hallway, and finally figuring out it was from the floor above, went and found the room, and called it ourselves. The woman who answered stated that it could not be her tv, but I told her what was playing, and she was shocked. After she lowered the volume, she told me she would not but it any lower, and to have a good night.
Three hours sleep for one night is not my ideal, but stay here if it is yours.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank WanderingC

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Very good location near the grove and farmers market.very good service.very good breafast.free garage parking.small room but very clean.i׳ll be back there again.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank teddy s
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed here in January and we were pleased we did. I booked over the phone from Australia and the receptionist-Cristine was lovely.
This hotel was clean and comforatble and the continental breakfast was really handy and saved us money.
Location was great too as we could walk to the Grove and the Farmer's market easily. It was also really safe- my daughter and I were quite comfortable walking around the area at night. There was a homeless guy living in the bus shelter under our window but he seemed harmless!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family