“Wonderful stay with great service”

Hotel Silver Lake Los Angeles
Ranked #285 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 7 January 2010

My 20 year old daughter and I spent 4 nights at the Silver Lake, and we had a wonderful experience. The room was cool, with a lovely view of Griffith Park & its striking observatory as well as the Hollywood sign. The room was clean, and the beds were firm and comfortable with wonderfully plump pillows. The breakfasts were of the type usual for this kind of hotel, but they do a better job than most. Even if you come at the last minute, they are never out of anything, from muffins to eggs & bacon to cereals. The hotel has cleaning staff who always seem very busy, and the front desk staff are friendly and helpful. They even suggest the things that wouldn't occur to us to ask about. As for the location, LA is a very big city, but I was pleased and surprised to discover I could get to almost anywhere with very little trouble because of its nearness to major highways. The only negative is that the hotel isn't in a neighborhood that invites walking exploration. It didn't feel dangerous, just not very interesting. It was nice getting covered parking.

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank sablatt
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 August 2009

I was on the phone with Jeff several times about the poor reviews. I was promised a pleasant stay because the hotel had been purchased by a new owner. The pict on the web site are as promised, clean and very comfortable beds. Jeff and Paten (?) were VERY helpful in assisting us with the better restaurants, tips on where to ride the underground train to get to Hollywood Walk of Stars and grocery stores. They were always available at the desk if needed. Breakfast was pretty good and since it fed a family of 4 much worth the price. The hotel includes parking and breakfast - not many do around there. I was VERY happy with our stay here. Parking not an issue and we rarely saw guests in the hotel, very quiet. Thank you for making our stay wonderful! I appreciate you keeping the promise.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank ColoKids
Reviewed 25 September 2008

We came to thise hotel and it turned out to be a disaster. there was alot of traffic noise coming from the streets and freeways; we were moved to a quiter area of the hotel, but thats when things got worse. We woke up to a colony of ants crwaling all over the counter top sink!The ants were exterminated but, a there were still a few dead ants that weren't cleaned up. the T.V. is old and outdated, haven't seen one of theses since the 80's. the price was way too high, Definietely not coming back!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Guavarnica
Reviewed 29 July 2008

If your looking for good customer service, this is NOT the place you should stay at. Michael the guy that works at the front desk is rude, bitter, and just plain unfriendly. The manager of the hotel isn't any better. We had something very important come up and we needed to leave and they wouldn't let us cancel bc we had "Pre" reserved it, but when the other guy who had payed more for his hotel asked if he could cancel Michael the bitter guy up front let him. And when I asked why he let him and not us he basically said "it's because he paid more for his hotel room so he gets higher priority." What's that all about? The only people that were nice were the night shift workers. In my opinion this place needs different management and a whole different front staff. These people basically hate there lives and take it out on there customers. The only thing good about this place was that it was like 20 minutes away from all the different sites. I would recommend the Golden Key Hotel by the Americanas atleast they have a friendly staff and policies that make sense. Please think twice before you stay here, and don't bother going to the manager for help because he could care less. Oh and when we asked if we could speak to the manager, Michael said that he was asleep and he wasn't going to wake him up. This place is ridiculous please don't waste your time or money.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank lilprincess465
Reviewed 18 July 2008

Here my letter to the Manager, I hope this help others not to live the same experience:

Dear Jim,
Today I´m living one of the worst traveling experiences, and all thanks to Holiday Inn Hotel.

Yesterday night after confirm at the front desk that "there is always some one in charge for attend any customer 24/7" my nightmare begins.
After a very short night I went at the front desk around 4am for my check out process and for a taxi, And what I found was a message that says"One moment please, I will return in a few minutes..." and at the end "Smile you are in Camera" I was waiting for around 1 hour with no signal of any person, until that I understand that nobody was going to help me so I start to search for taxi options via Internet and making several international calls trying to find a ride to the airport.
When I was able to arrive to the Airport, the Airline told me that I lost my flight and because of this my connection, so that means that I will not arrive home the day I planned and all my next day meetings must be canceled.
As a result the next available flight was 12 hours later with 3 scales and several hours between flights, meaning that my next night will be at another airport, I will arrive with 20 hours delay.

With this experience the impact was more than just a lost flight, and because of that I will proceed to send an Letter to RRHH explaining this situation and why this hotel can not be an option when we need to be in a business travel.

I expect that some one take actions to never let this happen again to any customer.
regards.