Magic Castle Hotel
US$ 266
US$ 337
US$ 309
  • Pool
The Beverly Hilton(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 363
US$ 317
Agoda.com
US$ 231
US$ 710
US$ 668
3,226 results
All reviewsfree snackspopsicle hotlinefree laundry servicehollywood boulevardice cream machinemelrose placeone bedroom suitefull kitchenheated pooldvd playerchinese theatreapartment complexuniversal studioscontinental breakfastdining tablesofa bedhome away from home
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I just came back from a vacation to southern California, and my children and I stayed in three different properties, the Magic Castle being our last one before heading to Las Vegas.

I had booked a room at the Hollywood Hills Hotel looking forward to a great view. When I was checking in I had the great honor of being checked in by the most gracious gentleman I had ever met. Z. was very upbeat and suggested I stay at the Magic Castle, and pointed out the benefits of staying "down the hill." The pool "up the hill" is not heated, all the snacks, breakfast, and parking are all "down the hill." I told Z. that the only reason why I booked up the hill was because of the view I was looking forward to. He told me that the room I was getting didn't have much of a view, but it was my choice if I wanted to go up or stay down the hill. The price was the same, so I decided to stay at the Magic Castle.

He was very, very professional and made me feel like the most important person to him. He really made me feel very welcome and at ease. My kids were able to get all the snacks they wanted, plus sodas and that was a big hit with them.

We stayed in room 213 and I was knocked off my feet to see what a bargain this place really is. It's got a humongous living room with a queen size sleeper sofa already made. It has a comfy king size bed, bathroom with regular amenities. It has a comfy full size kitchen with stove, fridge, microwave, pots, pans, glasses, plates, spoons, etc. etc. The dining room has a table with chairs where you can have a really nice meal.

The hotel is only one block from Hollywood Blvd. and the Walk of Fame, and I kid you not, my teenage kids opted NOT going to Universal Studios, but instead we went on a Hollywood/Beverly Hills tour the day we checked into the hotel, and the next day they spent the day on the Walk of Fame taking pics and buying souvenirs. I rested in the room and when they came back from walking, they took a nice dip in the pool. They loved it, loved it, loved it.

If I would've known about how great this place really is, I would've booked the room for all of the nights I spent in California.

I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Parking garage is a tight squeeze, but it's doable.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Nereida
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights. Although my stay is not long, I was impressed by the friendliness of the hotel staff right from the point I stepped in the hotel. All the staff are very friendly and you feel so welcomed when you came back to the hotel everyday. The room was clean and comfy. More important, they have a large variety of snacks and soft drinks which you don't have to bother finding a 7 eleven around to get stock up. The location is also convenient. The surrounding area is quiet but just a block around, you will be in Hollywood and to the metro for getting around.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Kero0329
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I stayed for four nights mid June. We totally agree with ALL the positive comments made. The Magic Castle was definitely the best Hotel we stayed in during our 3 week trip on the west coast. We were put in a back room when we arrived. Nick asked how we liked our room and I said I was disappointed that we didn't have a balcony room as I had booked months earlier. He offered to change our room the next day. We packed our things together in the morning and when we returned later that day everything had been moved into a balcony room!!! Nothing was too much trouble. You couldn't not feel happy at this hotel as EVERYONE wanders about with big smiles. I must also say the location is perfect and we felt relaxed and recharged to continue our travels after our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room overlooking the pool. Be aware there are quite a few stairs to negotiate if you are on the higher floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janine K
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I love this place. They call it the cinematographer's hotel, because they use(d) to stay here when they where working in LA for several months. This is one of the best places when in Hollywood, especially when you look at the price.

Rooms have fantastic size and it's quiet. Like I said in the title, this feels more like an apartment than a place to crash for the night.

Again: I love this place!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We had just arrived from San Francisco and a heartbreaking "smash and grab" in a pay parking lot that resulted in my three boys' backpacks (with ALL of their technology and trip entertainment!) being stolen. By this point, we were all pretty much ready to go home with three days left of "vacation." The moment we landed in the Magic Castle's hotel lobby, I felt as if the black cloud lifted. We were welcomed like family and treated to the most exceptional customer service we have EVER experienced... anywhere. The free snacks/sodas/DVD's were a huge treat to three kids who'd just lost about two years worth of Christmas and birthday presents. The unit was huge and very clean... beds were super... it was very quiet/private... amenities were very cool and classy (loved the bath soap!)... Wolfgang Puck coffee for the coffee maker... I could go on and on. We may have one or two at Pepperdine in the future... I can tell you where we'll be staying! Thanks to everyone on staff, including the precious cleaning ladies who were always smiling and going out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed... for salvaging our family vacation and giving us some really sweet memories! Best hotel EVER!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family