“A Major Star in Hollywood”
Review of Magic Castle Hotel

Magic Castle Hotel
Ranked #2 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Just recently stayed at this boutique hotel for business purpose and little site seeing. The hotel is a about a good 5 min walking distance to all of the main shops and points Hollywood Blvd.

Accommodation wise the hotel is very clean and well maintained. Staff is wonderful and friendly especially the front desk. You get free Internet access during your stay and also they provide you with free drinks and snacks 24 hours. The beds are very clean and comfortable, I felt like I can stay indoors all day long. The bathroom is also well kept especially the clean showers. Also they have a washer and dryer facility on the bottom floor if you need to clean your clothes.

If you are looking for a great place to stay with a comfort feeling. Look no further. Magic Castle Hotel is your star in the sky for your stay in Hollywood.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

When we first pulled in to the Magic Castle Hotel I thought it would be old and dated. That's really the first impression of the property. I was proved wrong from the moment we walked in to the lobby. We were met with fresh cucumber water on the sideboard (yummy) and delightful folks at the desk. ANYTHING we needed they were pleased to provide. It was my birthday, and I was greeted with a "Happy Birthday" from each of the desk staff. I hadn't told them. But they knew.

When we arrived at our very very clean room I was greeted with a special birthday card and special birthday cake for two. A lovely lovely surprise.

The hotel room was immaculately clean and well-appointed. Yes, the building is dated. But the decor and furnishings are perfectly maintained and new. Everything we needed was anticipated, all the way down to the delicious, fresh, continental breakfast.

We visited the Magic Castle next door at night, complete with complimentary shuttle service there and back. Yes, it's located next door to the hotel, but the hill is treacherous in heels, and the hotel staff knew that.

WE WILL STAY THERE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN! What delightful people and an amazing hotel stay. Don't let initial impressions of the building fool you. Inside the gates will charm and amaze.

Room Tip: Any room will be a good one. Don't worry that the pool will be noisy. It's really not. Just...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerikns
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Let's start with staff, I cannot say enough about how great they are! The only down side is that it is difficult to recognize any one person for exceptional service because they are all awesome. Location, you cannot get any better, in my opinion. It was a quick walk and you are smack dab in the middle of Hollywood. Each morning of our stay we took a walk and we always felt very safe. It was actually fun to walk down Hollywood Blvd in the early hours of the morning. The room was great; clean, comfy and full of charm. The shower has plenty of hot water pressure. The endless supply of snacks can be dangerous, especially with those midnight munchies that teenagers get...but saves a lot of money. Breakfast was satisfying, the pool was a bit cold, but walk up the hill and try the pool in the adjacent hotel, very beautiful and worth the walk...as was the restaurant grounds! Overall a wonderful trip and we would most definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Chrisyh777
HotelManager, General Manager at Magic Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you so much for writing a review! I'm so happy to read how much you enjoyed our hotel. I just wanted to make a quick remark in response to you finding our pool to be cold. I don't know when you stayed with us, but there were 2 days in April when our pool heater stopped working and had to be replaced. I'm wondering if that's when you you were here. I mention it, because I keep the pool right around 88F degrees (31c), which people usually find quite warm. My goal is to have people be able to jump right in without suffering at all. PLEASE let me know the next time you come and I'll be sure to turn it up a few clicks for you. Thank you again for writing.

Sincerely
Darren Ross

Reviewed 8 June 2012

We only stayed one night due to our visit to the Magic Castle Club. The staff was amazing, and we felt so welcome and that our decision to stay there was actually appreciated! The free snacks was also a great bonus!
It was also my husband's birthday, which I only mentioned one time on the phone when I made my reservations, 2 MONTHS prior to our visit. When we entered our room, they had a birthday cake with a card and a bottle of wine!! We will definitely stay here again if we find our way back to Hollywood!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle V
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Why is it the best? Isn't it obvious from all the positive reviews? Ther service is top knotch! They were so friendly, so helpful. Free good quality continental breakfast daily. Farmers market just behind hotel up the mountain with amazing food and other stalls. Great location! Close to all the attractions. Loved it here. Wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. Thank you joslyn and gabby for the excellent service! :)

• Stayed: May 2012