“Excellent location and great staff!”
Review of Magic Castle Hotel

Magic Castle Hotel
Ranked #3 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My family and I stayed 2 nights in a one bedroom suite where we had a dining area, living area, kitchen and bedroom. Absolutely enough space for a family of 4. The staff were very jovial and enquired about our stay, giving us recommendations on where to eat and which tours are best to follow. Hotel location is great as it is a very short walk to the Walk of Fame, Kodak Theater and Grauman's Chinese Theater. You can even buy groceries from a supermarket nearby or CVS. The free snacks is really an awesome touch of service especially to those who have young kids but really it's just great for both kids and adults! Plus they also have a DVD collection that you can look at and borrow to watch in your room. Breakfast was a simple array of pastries, cereals, yoghurts, coffee, tea, oats, hot chocolate and juices that can either be enjoyed by the poolside or in your room. They were gracious in letting us have late check-out (1.30pm) as that was the time that we scheduled our taxi to come pick us to the airport. All in all, this hotel is located in a great location and they have an excellent team of staff running the place.

2  Thank Natasha T

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Ok, there is NO place like home, but if you want to forgo the 'hustle and bustle' of getting in and out of the large chain hotels, the expensive parking rates, the 'nickel/diming',,and just want to feel welcomed and 'at home'..etc etc..then the Magic Castle is for you!

I've never stayed there before, but have been to dinner/show at their Castle. On the outside, the hotel doesnt seem impressive, but rather 70's apartment like. It's a small building with just a nice lobby...but once inside, it feels like you've arrived at your own small apartment complex (I guess if you ever lived in one) complete with an inviting "24hr' heated pool and a great staff who will act as your personal 'concierge'.

The staff is very professional, courteous and accommodating. You arrive and they make you feel like a valued client and not just another body occupying a 'room'. The rooms are very large and if you reserved any of the one bedroom suites, you are in for a surprise. Comfortable, 'homelike', and everything you need to relax, including all the free snacks you can munch down. Soft drinks also...and all the rooms have kitchenettes.

Upon arrival and throughout our stay, free popsicles and a lemonade spritzer served in a champagne flute was just awesome.

The location is great...I had to go all over LA with my 11yr old daughter and leaving and coming back was easy. I liked that we had acces to anywhere in all directions, whether by freeway or by any major street.

I've read some of the negative reviews and feel that some people are just spoiled. Every hotel will have some flaws. I've stayed at brand new hotels with bed bugs and bad service at $400 a night. Indeed, Magic Castle is an older hotel, so don't expect flawless rooms. The place is well cared for and the service is wonderful,,better than ANY large hotel I've ever stayed at and I travel frequently. Some of the rooms have been recently upgraded and some are due, but I didnt see any trashy looking rooms while I was there. Again, older hotel,,so you are gonna see scrapes and scratches here and there. The most comfortable mattresses also! We even had friends come to visit us there and they were impressed. They felt it was more like a 'vacation rental' than a hotel.

My daughter loved it here! she loved the rent free DVDs, the snacks, the nice staff and said she wants to come back again. That's all that matters to me now. So we'll be back!

I left my camera in the room and they found it and shipped it back to me. It didnt 'disappear'..now that was the 'icing on the cake'. As soon as I get it, I'll post the pictures of the room we stayed in. Thanks, Magic Castle.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor but asked to move to the 2nd floor due to noisy people above me. Because...
1  Thank COPWITHKIDS
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We loved the Magic Castle!
Our family of four (2 kids, 6 and 8) stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which was huge. The hotel is an old apartment block and so the 2 bedrooms, lounge, kitchen and bathroom were so spacious and had everything we needed. The beds were the most comfy we had on our trip to California. The shower could've been more vigorous but that's the only bad thing I can think of!
But as others have said, the real bonus of staying here is the staff - they were all so friendly and helpful, dishing out free snacks and ice lollies by the pool. The free breakfast was good - pastries, toast, fruit, yoghurt and cereal.
The location was excellent - even my 'walk shy' children were happy to walk to the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the various restaurants in the vicinity.
Overall I would not hesitate in recommending The Magic Castle to anyone who wants space, in a great location, with amazing staff who will look after you.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

We were here in Sept 2011 and it was truly fabulous.
We arrived with our 5, 4 and 1 year old and they were all given little gifts while we had a cool drink as we checked it.

It's true the rooms are huge, the snacks and drinks are free and the staff bend over backwards to help.

The location is one of the best in LA in terms of vicinity.

As others have said, it is not 5 star luxury, but out of all the places we stayed (including Disneyland) our kids enjoyed the simple pool & chilled atmosphere the most.

Good on you, Magic Castle.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank floridonkers
Reviewed 20 April 2012

My family and I (6 in total) booked 2 one bedroom suites for 3 nights and loved this hotel. It may not be the most swish hotel I've stayed in but we felt so at home here and it worked very well for a family as we could all relax together. The pool was lovely and the service second to none - there was nothing they couldn't do for us and they were sooo friendly and helpful. It was ideally located, just round the corner from the Walk of Fame and all the tour buses started here. We loved all the snacks too! So kind, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone. It was nice not to be in a high rise hotel too.

1  Thank LesleyIpswich_UK