“Good for a Tight Budget; Close to Attractions; Scary at Night; Key Deposit; Fast Checkin”
Review of Economy Inn Motel

Economy Inn Motel
Ranked #283 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 September 2016

I waited till I checked out to get my key deposit before posting this review. Let me start with the positives. (1) Fast checkin no problem. The guy behind the counter was neither rude nor friendly but professional. It moved along gracefully. (2) I can empathize with the fight the owners and management has to maintain the property in an area which is run down and industrial but they do keep the exterior premises clean. It has an iron fence around it, and to get in you have to go into the area. There is no gate up front so people may wander in off the streets. (2) The room was "clean" in that the bedsheets were fresh and clean, as were the pillow cases. Towels were clean. Bathroom was clean. (3) Price was comparable for low budget motels and affordable if you're hurting for cash. Its about half of what it costs for a much better room a couple miles on up the road. (4) Shower/Tub had a nice Waterpik showerhead. Check out was fast and got my $10 key deposit back.

Negatives. (1) Location is accessible to attractions such as Magic Mountain and Six Flags, the Antique Auto Museum, etc. But the actual location of the motel is in an area which is deteriorated and its scary at night. So don't plan on waking your dog or going jogging around there after dark. (2) Blood spatter on the ceiling. I cannot even guess how that happened and not sure I want to know. (3) Toilet paper was trapped in a lock box and all I could do is get one square at a time. Had to go buy a roll somewhere else.(4) Cigarette burns in the furniture, etc. (5) carpet appeared to be cleaned and tended, but definitely got some wear and tear. There was evidence of staining, but you have to look for it. (6) Furnishings are dated. (7) Bed was as expected, mediocre but doable. Pillows were flat.

Not sure about local shopping or food, but if you go to Stevens Ranch up the road you will find a shopping center. You have to drive.

Overall rating. I can't give it a 2.5 only a 2. Its convenient to some attractions, and good for a budget traveler, but I would not bring the kids here and if you have spare change may be worth spending double or more for a nice room in the area if you don't like borderline industrial areas for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room you don't want to drag on up those steps.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

At first we were thinking about cancelling because of the area neighborhood it looked creepy nit safe but the hotel looked decent for the price I paid. It was too late so I did not want to drive or walk to a store to buy water bottles so went to the machine they had and it did not had water. I asked front desk and they said I had to go to store. I was just trying go buy water from them then we woke up early to have breakfast because the announcement said free breakfast but the lady front desk said NO free breakfast I wanted to pay cash and they were rude and only accepted credit cards no cash I thought that was weird and rude not polite to sale or give me water for my kids to drink

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2016

very well kept, nice man who runs the place, homey feel, safe brightly lit, clean, quiet. NOTHING FANCY. I didn't pick it for "Fancy" I picked it for location. Close To Interstate 5. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the left side of the motel (all first floor rooms).stayed in smoking room but the room d...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2016

I booked this hotel on Expedia last minute. It had nearly 3 stars, decent price, and all the reviews said it's a decent place if you just need a place to sleep--perfect exactly what we needed!!

The second we got off the freeway, we could tell we were in a bad area. And then at a stoplight a little after the hotel, 10-15 gang members were prowling the middle of the street. My dad and I said hell no and booked it out of there.

I tried calling the hotel twice to get a refund. Phone kept ringing then beeped the first time. Didn't stop ringing the second time. So I called Expedia who managed to get in touch with the hotel manager.

Hotel manager kept saying/asking them the following: Did they walk into the hotel first? (Hell no we weren't getting out of the car in that situation) Did they call us first? They should have called us first!! (Why yes we did... twice) I didn't hear any shouting outside my hotel. (Look buddy I don't know if there was any shouting cuz I just stayed in my car BUT THEY WERE THERE and I'm not bringing my family out of the car when I see people prowling the streets like that).

On top of that, Expedia didn't do anything they promised. The person I got on the phone said there's no refunds for the booking, but since he understood the situation, he would make an exception. He would document the phone call and email me a copy of my complaint. He would also get a manager to call me back and issue the refund since we would need manager approval. I got no emails or phone calls. And I can't leave a review on Expedia (probably because I didn't actually stay in the hotel?), so here I am to warn people.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!! I can't believe I'm paying for a terrible hotel I never stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank 123456melissa
Reviewed 16 September 2009

best inn we had a good stay at the econo lodge good rooms with 70 clean rooms and good rooms

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Delmonico Motel
#251 of 354 in Los Angeles
Value Inn
#1 of 1 in San Fernando

Been to Economy Inn Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK