“Great place terrific value...”

Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Reseda
Ranked #67 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Great place terrific value...”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

It is easy to see why this hotel is well-rated. Excellent value, clean and the people are friendly and the breakfast great. Free parking and WiFi do not hurt the value either! Well done, we'll be back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
seeyeah, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Reseda, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear bermurray,

Glad you found everything you were looking for with your stay. Value Value everyone looks for, with it come great service and Quality. All the smiles are free.Our moto Go Happy Go Hojo. We look forward to serving you again.

Management
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Diego
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I booked 2 nights via my Wyndham Rewards account and had planned to arrive early on the first day. However, because of unforseen circumstances, the train and public transportion schedule had me arriving at 1am on my first night. I was beyond nervous about arriving to the location so late because I had never been this area or hotel before, nor had I ever taken the train or public transportaton in the L.A. area before. So, to ease my my conscience, I called ahead and spoke to the daytime staff to make sure my reservation and check-in would be stress free upon arrival. To my dismay, there was a hang up with my credit card used for the reservation. The staff member on duty took down my phone number to see what he could do to help out and call me back. I have to admit I was somewhat surprised when he did exactly what he promised he would do. He assured me that they could work with me at check-in to make sure my room would be ready for me upon arrival, even though he would be off two hours prior to my arrival. And he did just that. I arrived at 1 am via the city bus (which was quite clean and secure btw) and checked right in without a hitch! As far as my two days stay: The continental breakfast was neatly presented in the lobby with seating indoors and out for a pleasureable experience. They didnt have any qualms about bringing a plate to your own room for enjoyment either. The site felt very safe and secure, which was key, as I was a single female traveling alone for my first time to LA. They also had complimentary fresh baked cookies in the afternoon/early evening, which I thought was fantastic. Overall, the property was in excellent condition, thefront desk and maids were exceptionally friendly and accommadating, and the location was very convenient. Definitely would reccommend this Howard Johnson to any type of traveler without any reservations.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Dear Lindsey G,

WOW. That is a great review. I will share this with all of our staff. We appreciate when guest make time to review our property for the viewing public. Our entire staff works very hard to provide excellent customer service, great quality and also more importantly affordability.
We are glad you were please with your stay with us.

Cheers,

Manaement
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Great staff, great quiet, clean room and a great stay! Breakfast was tasty and simple. Thanks for a lovely, pain free stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Dear zomgitsally,

We always try to make all our guest experience as pain free as possible. Glad you had a great stay with us.

Cheers,

Kirkwood, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed 3 nights with a group. We were spread out in 3 rooms and the open-air hallways provided easy access amongst our rooms. The hotel was secure with an atrium-like center which houses a pool and patio and an overall good size as it was a short-walk from one end to the other. It is also conveniently located next door to a CVS which was a good fit for food and forgotten items. The staff was more than happy to help meet our needs. Overall, I recommend this hotel.

Dear Tim D,

We are glad your group had a great experience at our hotel. Many travellers today are looking for great value. We still provide quality and affordability to our guests.

Thanks,

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The Howard Johnson and its staff were so very helpful to us during our stay. We had big boxes that we couldn't take with us when we checked out and they let us store them in their conference room. They even shipped the boxes for us the next day. This hotel is fantastic and I highly recommend it to anyone in the area.

Dear Jeremy P,

Thank you very much for the great comments. We are always ready to serve.
I will share this with our staff.