All reviews a newly renovated room downtown la front office hispanic uber
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Our room was one of the newest, with a really cool bathroom, big TV, a fridge and a microwave (I, personally, didn't like the pillows so much, they're too small!!)
Great wifi connection.
The hotel is just 10 minutes away by car from downtown.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Hi, all! We were staying there for a few nights. The few good things about this place is - the personal and quite close to the metro. Otherwise - it is one of the worst place where we have been. Room had some strange smell, it was dirty inside. You will not be able to sleep if you like quite place. It is not enough space for all the quests during the breakfast ( very basic breakfast). Better use taxi to get to the place as you will not enjoy working around during the night time.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Great staff, very clean, but location not great. Area felt unsafe and okay for one night, but need to take taxis everywhere.Pool was dirty however and in need of renovation. Breakfast was good although limited choice.

Room tip: All rooms seems quiet.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I booked into hotel solaire for one evening in August after struggling to get any sleep in a hostel I was staying at. I got a great price and the lady on the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. I would only stay here for the night as the air conditioning wasn't working properly in my room and the swimming pool was a little dated. The hotel is ideal for those who plan on only being there to sleep.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We stayed for three nights mid August. We had seen a few negative reviews before we booked but decided to risk it and we're glad we did. The hotel is great value for money. Our rooms were clean, the pool was fine, if a little small and we found the hotel was located right near the metro station which was great for getting around.
Comments on how dodgy the area is were surprising as when we walked around during the day and in the evening, we never felt threatened or intimidated. The area has quite a high population of Hispanic people and clearly that is scary for some who might not have travelled out of their white middle- class neighbourhoods before. Most people we met were just getting on with their day to day lives as most people do.

We found the staff friendly, nearby restaurants good and although I wasn't keen on the carb heavy breakfasts, my daughters loved the waffles and pastries. All great value for what we paid and we would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017