All reviews hot breakfast the breakfast area hot tub nice room top floor parking fridge ralphs
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We stayed here for 1 night and that was enough!

We arrived late and checked in, the area did not feel very safe so I wish we had arrived in the daylight.

The room appeared clean and it was fairly comfortable, had to unplug the fridge as it was so noisy but this wouldn't have been a problem with what happened next..!

About 2am I was awoken with a bright flash, the next thing there was the sound of gushing water, followed by another bright flash and the water continuing. I went to check my phone to see if it was suppose to rain (thought maybe a storm) but no Wi-Fi and my phone isn't charging, strange, went to put the light on, no power!

Turned out that a truck had crashed into the electricity pole outside the hotel and taken the power out.

No power, even when we check out at 10 the next day, the room was in darkness and of course, no power meant the shower only had cold water. We had to pack in the dark, (it was light outside but we were in the centre of the motel so no natural light coming through) no torches were offered, no discount for the fact that the place was pretty much shut down - nothing.

In the UK most places have a back up generator for the power going out, not sure if this is just something that isn't done in the USA but we have to have at least emergency lighting for such things, nothing.

I appreciate this wasn't the hotels fault but no apology for the inconvenience, no offer of a future discount let alone one there and then all left a bit of a bitter after taste.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
ComfortInnWoodland, Webmaster at Comfort Inn Near Warner Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I apologize that an issue beyond our control caused the power to go out for an extended period of time. While we don’t have a generator – few hotels do – our emergency lighting functioned property. We take real pride in our hotel and deeply regret and apologize for this unpleasant experience. If you come to the area again, we’ll do better for you and show you how we usually do business.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Ive stayed at this hotel a number of times. This time exceeded my expectations. The bed was very comfortable, the pool area very clean, and the air conditioning borderline freezing (the way I like it!). My only complaint was the breakfast area being very small. Short of that, everything was great!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ClaimsMachine

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about your experience here in Los Angeles. It's our pleasure to provide you a great experience in our great area. I apologize, however, that the breakfast wasn’t ample enough to meet your needs. Our goal is to offer every traveler an experience worth repeating. When you come to the area again, we hope to be your first choice and always prove to be the best choice.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Woodlands hills is a lovely up scale area, and the hotels there can be pricey. We were traveling for leisure, going to a B Day Party up on the Hills. This hotel was reasonably priced, and very close to the Party. Other hotels charged high for parking, had no pool & tub, etc. We got a top floor nice room clean quiet and updated furniture, Staff was very friendly, efficient and hospitable. Poll and tub were fairly clean, Hot tub is about to be re done some jets didn't work., Parking lot was free, safe, Breakfast was very good for a CI, I have seen much worse. overall a great value for the price, i would stay there again anytime i'm in the area.

Tip; there s a Dennys next door if your hungry late, and a Ralphs across the street

Room Tip: higher floor facing pool is quieter, corner rooms a bit bigger more windows but faces the e a bit more.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our hotel here in Los Angeles. I’m so pleased that you would stay with us again and recognize the many amenities and services we provide at no extra charge We take pride in this hotel and its amenities and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. I hope you will return to stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Convenient location right off the 101. Lots of restaurants within walking distance in a safe area. Plenty of free parking. They have a pool and hot tub along with free breakfast. Room was clean, tv could be larger along with a mini fridge. Shower worked fine. $130 for the night so an ok value.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Look if you want a 5 star hotel go to the Waldorf Astoria in Beverly Hills. If you need a decent place for overnight then this is the place for you. Everything in the room worked fine. Only complaint is the mini fridge should be turned on before guest arrive. The ice machine was out of service on the 2nd. floor. had to use the one on the 3rd. floor. I told the desk clerk. Let's hope they fixed it. Breakfast was fine. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple