“FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT”

Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This place is so charming, the owner is there every night and everyone goes above and beyond to make sure you are enjoying your food. We go several times a month. Pricing is fair with good portions.

1  Thank staylor7631

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Had a great dinner there last night. Owner is a very good host. Excellent wine list. Caesar salad prepared at the table by very capable hands. Pasta figole soup was good. Oso buco was tender and flavorful. Wife ordered veal parmigiano. It looked good with plenty of fresh vegetables. She enjoyed it. The dessert list was appealing but we were too full for dessert. We do plan on returning.

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

My kids brought me here for my birthday. None of us had been, but we found it online and thought we'd try it. Sooooo glad we did!!!

It is a quaint little place, kinda feels like it was a house at one time. The down side is parking. No lot, except for in the back, but it's dark and there is no back entrance, so you have to walk around another building to get to the front. (REALLY dark back there.) So, brave the street parking out front or across the street. It's worth it!!!!

They serve complimentary appetizers and bread before the meal. We started with caesar salad that they made at our table -including the dressing! We ordered the gnocchi, rigatoni carbonara, tortelloni, and linguini and clams. ALL were delicious. (We all tasted each others dish) the pasta was perfect. The sauces were all so tasty. The portions were very nice.

For dessert, we ordered the apple tart, and they brought tiramisu with a candle and sang to me. Both were majorly delish, even as full as we were. The staff was wonderful. We will be back!

1  Thank Nanigirl275
Reviewed 23 August 2016

A long time favorite for excellent Italian fare at a charming room on Ventura Boulevard in Woodland Hills. Try their excellent Caesar salad made fresh at your table.

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

The wife (prego) reeeeeally wanted some Italian food. Did some research and found out about this place. Called in for a reservation and was able to get one fairly easily (within 30 min - which I would suggest, because it's a small intimate place that is quite popular).

Pros:
Caesar salad was made fresh at the table
Olive oil was good (table bread)
Customer service (from the manager)
Wine selection
Ambiance

Cons:
Food (pretty harsh.. I know..)
Customer service (I'll get to it)
(Does anything else need to be a con? Lol)

Caesar salad is made fresh and right in front of your table. It was good and I'd probably order it for the experience more than for how it tasted. The manager was great. Knew everything off the menu and was very upbeat. He brought a great vibe and was very welcoming. They have a nice selection of bottled wines to choose from and they have about 5 white & 6 reds to choose from if you're desiring a single glass. I had the cab and it was delicious. The ambiance was great. It was very intimate.. Well lit.. A little loud, but it suits the environment.

So... Food. The wife had the parmigiana and it was pretty good. We overlooked that it didn't come with noodles (and she was craving noodles with marinara) so we had to get a side of it after our food came. I had the medaglionili (I'm sure I totally destroyed the spelling) <it's the filet medallions in Porto fino wine reduction> and I ordered it medium rare. I cut it open and clearly see that it's rare.. And not like a rare +... It's pretty much a light sear on blue. I showed the waiter and I said, "hi, unfortunately, this is rare.. I believe I ordered medium rare" to which he replied, "oh... Ok. Too rare for you huh? throw it back on the fire if it's too rare." To which I replied, "well... Yeah... I ordered it medium rare" lol. Food came back piping hot. The steak wasn't settled prior to coming back to the table so I waited a few min so it could settle in. It came back the way it was supposed to.. Which was great. But, unfortunately, it was just bland. The wine sauce didn't seem to have too much flavor. The steak didn't seem seasoned well either. I was over it.. I just wanted to get home to watch a movie and wind down lol.

It was probably just a bad experience or a bad night for them, since they get pretty good reviews. we wanted to give it a shot and we did.. But, there are ample good Italian places out there for us to not have to return here to give it a re-review.