All reviews rooftop bar hollywood sign apple tv star wars avocado hummus hollywood boulevard hipster vibe hip hotel valet parking pantages theater walking distance the ground floor an older building rooms are modern thin walls comfy bed hour flight
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I was travelling around California in August 2017 with my fiancee and stopped in LA for a few nights. We loved the location of Mama Shelter which is just in between Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd and the view from our window was the Hollywood sign. Possibly the most iconic hotel room view I've ever had!
There is a fussball table in the bar downstairs and they serve fantastic breakfast's, so filling and satisfying. There is also a roof-top restaurant and bar terrace with fantastic views of LA.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Martinaldo

Hey Martinaldo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Mama Shelter Los Angeles. It makes me really happy that you and your fiancee truly enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing Mama LA as your home away from home and would love to welcome you back anytime!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

It's a young and energetic hotel brand, as an Accor gold member, we had a warm welcome when check-in, upgraded room's ready for us with gifts, biscuits and welcome drink. Ground and top floor both have a bar, brilliant view can see Hollywood sign, and there's many supermarkets, fast food stores if wanna on budget for eating. It's affordable to use Uber or LA metro, to Universal studio or downtown LA. It's a bit annoying on weekend night cause night clubs nearby, but it's fine with us, exausted of traveling on day time, so sleep's fine. Security's pretty good, will check bar or hotel guests, and top floor bar closed before midnight, we're not bothered at all.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Hey Shuahig,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Mama Shelter Los Angeles. It makes me really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Loyal guests like yourself are the livelihood of our hotels. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

This is a cool place to go to with friends or for a date. It has a nice view of Hollywood and a very chill vibe. I love the decor of the rooftop lounge, couches and the different colours- you can have drinks, brunch and dinner up there. The server staff are very nice, luckily our sever was great. Happy Hour is only on the weekdays even though it says in their site it's till sunday - Friday,Saturday there's no happy hour at the rooftop area only in the inside restaurant below. This place is cool if you have visitors visiting LA and especially on spring/summer time when the weather is warm. Even now for winter time, they have heaters there and makes your visit really comfortable. Cheers!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Hey Kristle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Mama Shelter Los Angeles. It makes me happy that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing Mama LA as your home away from home and would love to welcome you back anytime!

Cheers!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Superb location between Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard. Nice homely place. Small, not like a hotel, but more like a hostel or guest house. Great ambience and vibe.... funky stuff all over the place. Great bar and food on the ground floor ... lots of locals also visit for the restaurant/bar. Dont forget to hang out at the rooftop bar ! Would go back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Hey RGGoa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Mama Shelter Los Angeles. It makes me happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing Mama LA as your home away from home and would love to welcome you back anytime!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This is the first time I had the pleasure of staying at Mama Shelter.
I chose it cause it looked special and cool with a wonderful location. I was so happy to see that it was even cooler than I had expected. I simply love a hotel that thinks about the little things such as cool writing in the elevator, or star wars masks on the room bed lamps :)

The only downside for me was how the windows are not sound proof and I could hear the shouts from the street throughout my stay. Since people love the bars of this hotel it is packed with people who drink and shout and have a good time.

Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Hey Kendstar,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Mama Shelter Los Angeles. It makes me happy that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceed your expectations. We appreciate you choosing Mama LA as your home away from home and would love to welcome you back anytime!