“great for a stopover”

Ranked #62 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“great for a stopover”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

stopped for one night. Large room with kingsize bed, no noise. We went and spent the night in the sports bar which was really buzzing. great service and food, but be prepared for the bill at the end of the night.we would stay here again

Room Tip: you can upgrade room for small charge
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Borobird68
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pickerington, OH
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We chose this place because we needed a hotel by the airport before we left LA. The room was so tiny, it was like being on a cruise ship. Could barely move around without tripping over something. The bathroom was even smaller. No wonder why flight crew members go bizerk after staying in such a tiny room.
The room was clean though and quiet. We had a nice view of the pool from the 12th floor.
We ate dinner in the sports bar, food was pretty good. We had the breakfast buffet the next morning and the food was good and there was plenty of it.
I'm not sure if all the airport hotels are like this, the price wasn't bad but the room was just so small.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JSScott
Shoalhaven, Australia
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We only stayed one night at the Airport Marriott but have no complaints. Handy location, free shuttle, rooms were clean, quiet, well equipped and the bed was wonderfully comfortable after a long flight. We definitely didn't hear any airport noise so either we fluked a good room or we were too tired to hear it. They also offered us a 12pm check-out which I thought was handy.

We didn't get to try all the facilities but the check-in/check-out process went smoothly and breakfast was excellent, if a little pricey compared to others we tried. I would definitely stay here again if flying in or out of LA.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 April 2012

There are many LAX airport hotels so in choosing I selected by the name, Marriott, which I thought I could trust. The hotel seemed to have been recently renovated and all effort was put into the lobby and restaurants, very little into the rooms. They were average and had no amenities such as a mini-bar or even a shower cap as most hotels offer. The whole thing was bare bones.

But the worst is when you book online they show-boat by asking questions about your preferences (do you want extra towels, high floor, feather pillows) then didn't acknowledge any of my choices. I asked for a high floor-we were on 9 of 18...glass half full I guess? I asked for extra towels-we didn't even get enough towels let alone extra...I also asked (at check-in) "what was the view" The response "a partial runway view" when in fact we were full on looking at the runway and trust me it was NOISEY-that's why he lied. They should not give the noisey room unless all other rooms are booked and even then it should be at a discount.

I rented a Hertz car, through the Marriott LAX website link but then after waiting (for close to a half hour) at the Hertz desk in the rear of the hotel lobby I learned that my car was reserved down the street at another Hertz location so I was not able to get the car I had booked. I waited in another ridiculously long line for Starbucks (gift card in hand) and was told they don't take Starbuck's gift cards...? Why-he couldn't answer...Both mornings our room phone rang at 5am with someone else's wake up call that the hotel staff did not care to clear from the previous guest....My husband pulled the rental car out of the lot but misplaced the ticket. Instead of calling to learn that we checked in one day ago they billed me $143.00 for one night's parking. I went to the front desk and they charged me another $25 for parking and said to show the receipt to the parking attendant. He of course said he couldn't help and that we have to call back to talk to the manager the next day...so one night's parking will either cost me $175 or a lot of time and hassle on the phone trying to straighten out-

The whole thing was really a joke because they were trying to come across as so chic, for instance the drinking glass in the room is wrapped in paper that says "quench" and the do not disturb sign for the door says "brainstorming" It was all too "cool" but with zero ammenity or service to back it up.

It was a total disappointment. Had they just offered a room in a convenient location without pretending to be able to offer more I would have been prepared, but I just really hated this hotel for misleading us...

Room Tip: Very specifically say "I DO NOT WANT A RUNWAY VIEW." Otherwise you risk getting what they...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Vittoria S
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Long time Marriott customer. Arrived as walk in client without a reservation. The person ahead of me asked a reservation guest rep while she was checking someone else in, if there were any rooms available. She said yes. He went out to get his luggage. I was next, and called over by a concierge to check me in. He said I need a 3 night minimum. Person ahead of me that went to get the luggage, walks by me toward elevator for his room. I speak to Penny, front desk supervisor, she said there is a 3 night minimum stay, which I could not do because my flight leaves tomorrow. I asked if I spend $990 for 3 nights, then I could stay 1 night and leave tomorrow. She says yes, "thats just the way it is". I ask for her supervisor, I think Mike Depper, he states that both of them informed me incorrectly, that they were wrong, that Marriott doesnt require 3 night stay minimum. This, after I told him that I will not let this go and go to corporate on this. He back pedaled on their statements, so ultimately, someone was lying! Its crowded, dirty, and front desk is rude. Dont recommend

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business