“I suggest you stay at the other hotels by LAX” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel

Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
Ranked #58 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
Albuquerque, NM
“I suggest you stay at the other hotels by LAX”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed at all three Marriotts by LAX and this is the worst. The other two Marriotts have been great and I wanted to try out the Renaissance. The room view faced mechanical equipment. When I asked to move, they moved us to another room facing mechanical equipment (and with a perfume smell). What was the point of having us move? I was using my points - a fact they pointed out on check in, and I wonder if that is why I didn't get a nice room. The shower had only lukewarm water (what a disappointment after 20 hours of flights). The windows don't open unless you call engineering, and the air conditioning system is very loud. They did give me free Internet because of the problems. Very disappointing as I do enjoy the Marriott Airport Hotel and the Marriott Courtyard at LAX. I will not stay at the Renaissance LAX again.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Albuquerque_Traveler
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montgomery, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Good location. Walked back from Hertz rental return. Walked to a wine store. Not too many decent neighborhood dining options, so ate at hotel. Decent food and Heime, our waiter, finished off with chocolate covered strawberries. Nice touch. Elevator music was too loud. Shower-heads were an unfortunate trickle. It would be nice if they could squeeze in two queens rather than the doubles. Fitness room was nice. I'd stay here again if I needed easy access to LAX (not close to my favorite airport in the world).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Twin Falls, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I have waited almost 3 weeks to write this review as my experience and stay the the Renaissance Los Angeles was not a pleasant one, and as you can see from my many reviews I am usually an upbeat and positive type of guy.

As a Marriott Gold Member I am a dedicated Marriott patron. We had reservations for my son and I for one night before flying back home. Our reservation was a guarantee for 2 beds and was paid for on a Marriott Certificate, one they gave me for staying so many nights in a designated period of time.

From the time I walked into this hotel, I don't know if it was because I had my 10 year old son with me or was a "non-paying" guest, but we were treated like second class citizens. The front desk clerk didn't say more than two words to us during check in and when questioned, answered in a curt, unprofessional manner. They told me that my room only had one bed - even though we had a guarantee for 2 beds. When I questioned her, she laughed at me and told me those guarantees didn't mean anything. We had no amenities explained to us, like location of Club Lounge, restuarant options, etc. Frankly they had no interest in making sure we had a pleasant stay.

Feeling a little frustrated I emailed the hotel after my arrival home and questioned their policy on the guaranteed room. While they couldn't answer me directly, they were kind enough to say they would refund the certificate we used and the $46 we spent on dinner in their restaurant. I was feeling much better and ready to move on. However, now over 2 weeks later, no refund, no re-issued certificate and no response from the hotel. While not every hotel employee can be the tops, I am seeing a patern of employees who really have a lack of customer service.

I have stayed several times at the Marriott LAX next door and found it to be a wonderful property. Next visit to LAX will not be at the Renaissance, even with a free Certificate.

Room Tip: Double check your reservation before arriving to make sure they have your room type available.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank EagleDad
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Hotel is close to LAX; we were able to return our rental car and walk back easily to the hotel. There is a shuttle that serves this and another hotel that runs every 20-30 minutes. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Service was top notch; the front desk clerk gave us a room that was quiet but had a view for the little ones and also sent up complimentary milk and cookies for them. The bell man was very helpful with tips and also got us extra towels for the kids, unasked. Very friendly, clean and comfortable with clean, modern decor. I would highly recommend this as a great airport hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

A very good stay in Los Angeles Airport. The hotel is comfortable and clean; service is good and the parking was free (with booking through Expedia) and convenient.

Room Tip: Had a room on the 6th floor which is not high, but it was relatively quite. You CAN hear the aircraf...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple