4 people are viewing this hotel
Hilton$272
Priceline$272
travelup.com$293
1,690 results
All reviews downtown la corner room rooftop deck music center valet parking biltmore doorman dtla starbucks california hollywood
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2022 via mobile

I had the pleasure of being assisted by Sylvia. She went above and beyond with assisting me with an early check-in. I’ve traveled to many places and not one took the time to take my number and offered to contact me when a room becomes available! But Sylvia did and I will never forget that!! So helpful and kind over the phone. I was able to check-in with her at the hotel and she was quick and remembered me from our phone conversations of an early check-in. She was great! Thank you Sylvia for your amazing customer service ethics and genuine kindness! It’s people like her that really are the face of the company. I will be back for sure!!

I also would like to send a great appreciation and gratitude to the valet! I’m wasn’t able to catch his name but if I could describe him, he was a Mexican man, shorter and was quick as a ninja getting our car to us and the kindest ever! He was amazing and always had a smile on his face even though the weekend we stayed was Pride Week and the hotel was extremely busy! He definitely deserves some recognition as well.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest Service Manager, Agency / Consultant at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2022

Thank you for staying with us and for the excellent review. We enjoyed having you as our guest at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles. It is excellent to know that our associates made your stay even more memorable. Making our guests feel at home is what we love to do, and we will pass along your kind compliments to Sylvia and our valet staff. It was indeed a pleasure serving you, and we look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 June 2022

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in May 2022. The room was clean and a very good size, bed was comfortable. Staff at reception were chatty and friendly. Great location, only 5 minute walk away from 2 subway stations so it was easy to travel to Hollywood and Santa Monica. My only negative is that our room was not cleaned the entire time we were there and we were never given any fresh towels.

Date of stay: May 2022
Guest Service Manager, Agency / Consultant at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2022

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. While you were pleased with our location as well as our associates, we apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered with your accommodations. For the future, please know our Housekeeping services can be tailored per the guests' wishes, and you can reach out to our front desk to make your request. We are sorry if this was not communicated to you upon check-in. We encourage you to visit our website, which will give you all the detailed information while making your next reservation with us.

Reviewed 26 May 2022

My partner and I visited here as part of a 3 day trip in LA. The lady on reception was so welcoming, friendly and helpful. The rooms are lovely and clean, spacious and comfy. It was ideal, however the only down side was the location. As we did a few of the main sight seeing attractions, we were a bit out of the way, so spent a little more on taxis.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest Service Manager, Agency / Consultant at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2022

Thank you for choosing us at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles for your stay. We are delighted to know that you were pleased with our accommodations as well as our devoted staff. That said, we regret our location was not suitable for your plans. It was a pleasure hosting you and your partner, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 May 2022

The hotel itself is fine, but the front desk staff were unpleasant to deal with and unhelpful. At checkout, every person in line before me had an issue and the staff acted as if the guest was at fault (which they clearly were not). I lost the credit card I had on file with Hilton so had to replace it. I replaced it on the Hilton website before my trip, but for some reason that change did not make it to the hotel system and they tried to charge the cancelled card. The two people I dealt with at the front desk regarding this issue were judgmental and borderline rude. The hotel also misapplied a charge to my room and the person I spoke with about that issue kept suggesting that perhaps I or the person I was traveling with had eaten breakfast twice in the same morning (we did not). That issue still has not been corrected. I am a Hilton Diamond member, stay at Hilton properties at least monthly, and am usually happy with the service I receive. The service at this hotel was bad enough I felt compelled to write about it. I will never stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2022
Guest Service Manager, Agency / Consultant at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2022

Thank you for your loyalty to our brand and for writing a review. We are so sorry for the mix-up you went through and the inconvenience it caused. Your total satisfaction is our top priority; therefore, we apologize for the lack of attentiveness on our part. We value your feedback as we continually strive to improve our guest experience. We are also reviewing your concerns with our billing department. We are grateful for your thoughts on this matter and also for your patience. You have our assurance that we will address your comments appropriately.

Reviewed 5 May 2022

- Shower was broken in my room, I told to front desk, they promised to fix it and obviously didn't fix anything.
- Room was advertised as "with work place" but there was not desk or chair or anything resembling a work place.
- No cleaning. COVID was excuse to not clean rooms. COVID is seems like over (they don't require masks anymore), so why rooms are still not cleaned up?
- I have problem with my bill (overcharged $18.07 for breakfast) and no one picks up the phone.
- There was no bottled water at check-in (I have Gold status).
- Coffee maker in the room was just for a check box. It was in a shelf, not connected to outlet and there's no outlet to connect it. There's no even a table for it.

Room tip: Choose another hotel
Date of stay: April 2022
Guest Service Manager, Agency / Consultant at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2022

Thank you for your loyalty to our brand and for sharing your feedback with us. Our main goal is to offer an exceptional stay for our guests with comfortable accommodations and responsive, friendly staff. After reading the details, we regret this was not your experience. We regret your disappointment with the lack of in-room amenities that could have proven helpful for you. Your comments have been noted as we continually strive to ensure a perfect visit for every guest. We are also sorry to know the inconvenience you are having with regard to the billing and that we have been unable to attend your calls. Your message will be shared with the appropriate individuals, and we assure you we will address your concern. Your patience is appreciated, and we hope to serve you again.