Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$553
Hotels.com$541
Travelocity$541
travelup.com$599
Hilton$542
Lol.travel$712
1,688 results
All reviews downtown la rooftop deck music center valet parking biltmore doorman dtla starbucks california hollywood
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2022 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Hilton Checkers one night to go to a Dodgers game. Had it not been for one awful experience I would have rated this hotel 4 stars. We arrived early and were checked in to a room that was comfortable (though with views of neighboring buildings). The valet was super helpful and kind. Beds were comfortable and room was clean. The problem occurred with breakfast on the morning of check out. My husband and I had the breakfast buffet with our 3 young kids on Easter morning. We sat ourselves and served ourselves. The total bill for 5 breakfast buffets came to about $125. It was a delicious meal. I did not write in a tip since it was a buffet but just signed my name and room number. I realized after leaving the restaurant that I had written the room number of the hotel from the night before so I immediately messaged the hotel to make sure it was appropriately billed. They found the receipt and noted that my total was about $150. That number seemed high and they informed me that it included tax and tip. I informed the front desk at check out that I did not write in a tip for breakfast. She went to check the bill and came back to tell me that I wrote in a $15 tip and it was in my handwriting. I told her there was no way (this was just an hour before) and someone in the restaurant must have written a tip in as I intentionally left no tip since it was a buffet and I wasn’t served. She essentially called me a liar saying that her “staff would not do that.” She removed the tip but was so incredibly rude to me. This experience left me with such an awful taste in my mouth. One could argue that I should have tipped but that misses the point that I didn’t but someone attempted to take a tip anyway. I will never set foot in that Hilton again.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank honeymoonhunter09
Guest Service Manager, Agency / Consultant at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2022

We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate your feedback. Although you had a comfortable and relaxing stay in your cozy room and liked the service provided by our valet team, we are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. We will share your message appropriately as we are committed to enhancing our services on all levels.

Reviewed 9 March 2022

I checked in last night around 11PM. The service is horrible. The Valet guy was mad that he had to give us a valet ticket .... No assistance on the curbside. The valet is actually inside the Hotel right next to the front desk and never comes out.

The front desk is equally not welcoming. They made a big deal online and said that I was upgraded because I was Hilton diamond but I am looking into a blank wall outside the guestroom

The heater in the room does not work. I had it at 85 and the room was cold.

The Hotel is newly renovated but the service is horrible!!!!!!

Room tip: There are big tall buildings next to it, so watch where they put you
Date of stay: March 2022
Guest Service Manager, Agency / Consultant at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2022

We appreciate the evaluation of your stay, and we want to apologize for not meeting your expectations while you were here. Your feedback will be used to help us improve our service to future guests. We hope you will choose us again as we would welcome the opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed 24 February 2022

They have not done a good job of keeping this hotel current. The AC never got below 74/75 although was set to 68. The shower took hours to drain after getting out. Carpet dated. And while not the hotel's fault, I would advise not going out on the street alone after dark.

Date of stay: February 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Service Manager, Agency / Consultant at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2022

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We apologize for the inconvenience you faced during your stay. We appreciate our guest's valuable feedback as we continually strive to grow and improve our guest services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 January 2022

Easy access to a lot of food options in the area, my company took care of breakfast and rooms. The valet parking was easy and staff was great. The only person who made my stay uncomfortable was the bartender(male). He would hover over our group and felt like he did not want us in the lobby/bar area.

Date of stay: January 2022
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Guest Service Manager, Agency / Consultant at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2022

Thank you for being a guest at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles and sharing your experience. We are glad to know you were pleased with our comfortable accommodations and liked our courteous associates. We also appreciate you mentioning our convenient location. However, we apologize for the behavior of one of our associates, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will share your comments appropriately as we strive to enhance our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

Althea Abdallah,

Reviewed 21 January 2022

Only stay here if you are a super big fan of staying in old buildings. The cost of rooms don’t justify the poor service. Many times the hand sanitizer was empty. The doorman will only open the door for white guests so be careful if are expecting it and as a person of color.

Date of stay: January 2022
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Guest Service Manager, Agency / Consultant at Hilton Checkers Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2022

Thank you for taking the time to show us your concern. Your feedback, and also your patience in this matter, are much appreciated. We will share your message appropriately as we are committed to enhancing our services on all levels.