7 people are viewing this hotel
$302
$302
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Westin.com
$297
Hotels.com$302
Travelocity$302
ZenHotels.com$366
3,451 results
All reviews revolving bar downtown la blue tower large hotel valet parking bit dated heart of downtown per night hollywood sign floor lobby conference starwood garage starbucks robe dtla
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2022 via mobile

Our recent experience at the Westin Bonaventure in LA was a positive one; the rooms are comfortable the hotel us well located and the front desk staff and other staff are attentive. However, this review is designed to give special accolades to the valet parking staff - we were on our way to a Dodgers baseball game and our car wouldn’t start and the head of the valet staff had a personal portable charger which he used to jump our car and he gave it to us to take to the game in case it didn’t start after the game – which it didn’t! When we returned we had to deal with two separate visits by AAA and the valet staff could not have been more accommodating and helpful to us. The problem was not resolved until the next morning and I am very grateful that the valet staff cared enough to help us resolve this difficult problem – they were awesome and they are always the unsung heroes in a hotel when you have a problem with your car. Special kudos go to Juan for trusting us with his charger but also to Jerry who was also very helpful.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Paul O
Reviewed 27 July 2022

First stay at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and it was great. From check in to check out everything smooth and professional especially thanks to Manager Frank Asseko. He was very friendly and accommodating , definitely making my trip to the hotel memorable. Rooms were clean, comfortable, and the views and service was amazing. I would definitely visit again .

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2022

I am a Marriott Reward Elite member and have never seen anything like that, the hotel front desk agent and her manager are incompetent and rude. I had a confirmed pre-paid reservation for a party of 4 for 3-nights, I had checked in online earlier in the day however when I got to the hotel, they had no 2-bed rooms available. The front desk agent (I think Sakura) said that they had only 1 room available with a single bed, which was not acceptable for a party of 4. When I asked her why would they allow me to book and check in, she had no answer and no apology, she said she will cancel my reservation. When I called the next day to speak to her manager (I think Moria), he said that the hotel had other 1-bed rooms available that she could have offered (but obviously didn't). I told him, I will file a complaint and needed the spelling of his name, and he hung up. What a dump!

Room tip: Stay Away, not enough parking space for guests.
Reviewed 23 July 2022

Beautiful from the the outside. Very large hotel, reminds me of one of the grand Las Vegas resorts especially with the exterior glass elevators. Rooms were good, bed comfortable, could of of done a better job in feeling cleaner. Stained carpets, dirty remotes and telephone etc. Yes, I'm the one who wiped down with Clorox wipes before settling in. The room was fully equipped with coffee maker, mini frig, complementary water and a safe. The hotel still has daily housekeeping. I used the gym every morning I was there. Equipment was old and crammed together but I only wanted the stationary bike that suffice. Instead of disinfectant wipes they supplied spray and towels. The breakfast buffet was a perfect way to start your morning, a lot to choose from. The staff are very attentive and nice

The hotel location is downtown LA, convenient within walking distance to restaurants and bars in that area.

If you drive as we did it was a little confusing to drive up, obviously you are in downtown LA. Knowing where to stop check-in was a drive around the block to finally asks staffer. Note: whether you are check in yet or not you drive down to the valet parking, unload, take your luggage up the elevator to the check-in lobby. When we arrived about 4:30p.m., the line was huge. BUT check-In was so easy and efficient IF you do MOBILE check-in. Staff for mobile check-in was excellent. We were in an out of check-in within a mater of 10 minutes, no line.

Another note to all driving in, the underground parking entrance is short and steep and only a 6 foot clearance. In addition during peak hours there are long lines to drive in and to get your car out...you can call down ahead of time.

1  Thank akdeepdiver
Reviewed 20 July 2022 via mobile

Surprised after reading some reviews. Yes it's old. Yes it's almost 60 and no way 60 years ago they would know what we want today. But... the remodel a few years ago is holding up. Making the best of what they got in an above average way. Sad to see so many closed restaurants and stores. Many before Covid, it seems. The place is very big. Room doors are inches away from a neighbor so noise can be an issue. I put a towel under the crack in the door to help eliminate it and it worked. Only downside was no pool towels poolside. I called and text via the app. Neighbor did half hour before me. Again text in the app and still nothing 2.5 hours later. Just left. Also sad, bathrooms closed. Had to go in wet across the whole place and go down a floor. Super inconvenient. No bar or food service poolside. Boo.

Trip type: Travelled solo