11 people are viewing this hotel
$231
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Westin.com
$227
ZenHotels.com
$223
Expedia.com$231
Hotels.com$231
travelup.com$260
3,444 results
All reviews downtown la blue tower large hotel valet parking bit dated lobby bar heart of downtown per night hollywood sign floor conference starwood garage starbucks robe dtla doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2022

Loud neighbors, poor construction/noise barriers between rooms, and poor response by front desk/security. It took making FOUR phone calls for something to be done about the noise level. Changed rooms only to experience the same thing. Bar service and food options were sub-standard (ignored/not acknowledged and paid $56 for French fries and two drinks, one of which was missing a key ingredient). Valet stopped taking calls requesting vehicles the last two days and the front desk wouldn't call to assist when I was under a time constraint (10 min walk to valet + wait time). Milk was spilled by someone just behind my chair during breakfast and I asked twice about getting it mopped up (it was ignored and left there). After the stay, I reported this experience (in more detail) and management (Frank A.) only offered an apology, which I felt was a very poor response to the multitude of issues.

Room tip: Noise and conversations can be clearly heard between adjoining rooms.
Date of stay: February 2022
2  Thank L E
Mario Castillo, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2022

Dear L E

Hope to find you well, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We sincerely apologize for all the encounters. On the other hand rest assure that I will follow up with our team member in regards to his respond to your concerns.

Unfortunately the information that we have of your stay is incomplete and I am not able to locate your reservation.

Once again thank you for your valued feedback and thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve and learn from your experience.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 7 April 2022

My wife and I really enjoyed staying here. We had a the one bedroom suite, which was perfect for our date night (I could sit on couch which she got ready) :)

The staff was helpful but did not offer the kind of attention you would find at a higher end hotel or resort, but I was exactly what we expected for a 4 star hotel.

The only hiccup of the adventure was that their valet parking was full and we had to park across the street, which is not necessarily the hotel's fault but it did sour the arrival process a bit.

The location is great for date night. My wife and I walked to a few bars and a fine dining restaurant within a few blocks so it was perfect for our evening

Room tip: Great for a date night - walking distance from great restaurants and bars
1  Thank jamesalanlong
Reviewed 20 March 2022 via mobile

This hotel is old and needs an upgrade. The bed was terrible, the linens were worse. The rain shower head is great if you want wet hair, huh? Turned on the shower and got a face full of water from the handheld! Room is so small you have to go outside to change your mind. Elevators are overworked and to get to the event space can not use the elevators. I do not recommend this property

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BarbaraF474
Reviewed 19 March 2022

Classic hotel (even though from the 1970's) with a great lobby. Our room was pie-shaped, not too big, probably a standard room. Great views of the city. Staff was attentive. Covid took away many of the restaurants which used to be in the hotel, but the one on the ground floor was very nice (although expensive).

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 18 March 2022 via mobile

The bartenders at the lobby bar are unprofessional and disrespectful. They proceeded to allow us to sit without being helped while assisting others around us including people who arrived AFTER us. We traveled all day and we're exhausted and just wanted a bite to eat before bed. Dealing with the time change, we are already exhausted. The lady at the front desk that checked us in was so polite it's unfortunate that it all went down hill from there once we arrived at the bar. I will update with names soon.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mario Castillo, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2022

Dear daniellebP963CZ

Hope to find you well, thank you for taking the time to complete the review, providing your honest feedback.

We sincerely apologize for the encounters that you experience at out lobby bar, providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority.

Unfortunate the information on your respond is insufficient for us to locate your reservation in order for us to do the approach this issue and tried to to amends.

Once again thank you for your feedback and thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve and learn from your experience.

Best regards.