7 people are viewing this hotel
$302
$302
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Westin.com
$297
Hotels.com$302
Travelocity$302
ZenHotels.com$366
3,451 results
All reviews revolving bar downtown la blue tower large hotel valet parking bit dated heart of downtown per night hollywood sign floor lobby conference starwood garage starbucks robe dtla
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2022 via mobile

When I checked in, the front desk girl told me NO NO Bala Bala… I’m a gold member, and I can’t believe the Westin Hotel is awful like this. I’ve stayed lots of Westin in different countries, and I suppose this Westin is the worst.
I’ve remembered the SPG management and services!

Room tip: Please do not try to stay in this Westin
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2022

This is a massive hotel that attracts a very diverse clientele, expect to see young, business travelers and your typical tourists. As for the room, I found it to be comfortable and offering great views. We checked in at night and were pleasantly surprised to see the Hollywood sign in the distance while looking out our window.

The HVAC system is very loud. We noticed this when we attempted to turn up the heat. We attempted to eat downstairs until we saw the restaurant wanted like $25 for a quesadilla and then decided to order from Door Dash.

Give yourself plenty of time to retrieve your car since there is valet parking and of course it will seem like everyone in the hotel when want their car at the same time as you. I would say maybe 10-15 minutes should be sufficient.

1  Thank JayDeeNYC1
Mario Castillo, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2022

Dear JayDeeNYC1

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

I sincerely apologize for all the encounters that you experience. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we wish for all aspects of your stay from the hospitality offered by our associates to the features and design of our building leave our guests feeling renewed and rejuvenated at the end of their stay. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent any future recurrence and we will certainly put a renewed focus on ensuring guest satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve and learn from your experience. We sincerely hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Los Angeles.

Reviewed 26 February 2022 via mobile

I chose this hotel because it is less than a block away from an event I was attending.

The facility is nice. Everything was clean and COVID protocols were in place.

I am a Bonvoy Elite member which comes with some perks.

Pros and Cons

I checked in via the app and was pleasantly surprised when my flight landed that my room had already been assigned. Check in doesn’t normally begin until 3pm, so it was great that my room was ready at 8:30am. No waiting around.

The app features and electronic room key that is supposed to work for your room, gym, etc. Although it was supposed to, the room key did not work in the elevator. I had to go to the front desk, stand in line, check in again and get a traditional key. Not a huge deal but disappointing that the app doesn’t work.

From the room I tried to use the phone to order room service. Fail. The phone did not work for any outgoing calls. The speed dial buttons didn’t work for room service or the front desk.

The room service menu has a QR code that takes you to a menu that’s significantly different from what’s written on the menu, and the online ordering DOES NOT INCLUDE ROOM SERVICE. Who ever heard of a room service menu that does allow for room service!

I use the app and my cell phone to call the front desk. They agree to connect me to Room Service. Apparently there is room service but not for the menu they have in the room. Confusing.

I explained the phone in my room didn’t work. Instead of connecting me they insist on having room service call me on the phone in my room.

They call. The phone disconnects after 20 seconds. They call back. Call disconnects again. This happened 7x but finally they have my full order. They told me 20 minutes. The food arrived an hour later.

Food was good. Expensive but good.

Not a terrible stay but definitely some technical things that need to be fixed.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2022 via mobile

The hotel is old and beautiful if you are able to walk and move around upright but as a wheelchair user it was horrendous.

The hotel is situated on a very steep graded hill on all sides with rough stone textured slopes very difficult for wheelchairs to grasp. The one level side of the hotel and listed as the address on the website is closed so you are forced to traverse the hills. Once inside the rock and brick decor continues throughout the entire hotel.

There were a dozen electrical outlets in the room but only 1 worked so I had to keep plugging and unplugging to use my laptop and powerchair. I had to call for a microwave and refrigerator because they had been removed and once they were replaced had no place to be plugged in?

The accessible room was large and very accessible. The room door is very heavy, so it was difficult to enter and exit by myself.

The staff was superb and very helpful from letting me in and out of my room to helping retrieve my powerchair rental.

The breakfast each morning was hot and delicious.

Overall, I would have definitely rated higher if the hotel was more wheelchair friendly, but since it is not, I cannot rate it higher.

Room tip: Find a more wheelchair and mobility challenged friendly location if this is a concern for you.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Mario Castillo, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2022

Dear Mr. TYadventures.

Hope to find you well, thank you for taking the time and provide us with your feedback, we sincerely apologize for the encounter related to the way the street was design that it was difficult for you to maneuver with your wheelchair.

Reviewed 28 January 2022

I am a Marriott Ambassador Elite member and travel around the world at least 100+ nights a year. Rarely leave any TA review but I need to do this one. Francisco, the FO night manager, reached out to me by a welcome letter. I told him my wife was not feeling well. What happened next was a very nice suite upgrade, hand written note, snacks etc placed in the room ahead of my stay. It was truly a 5-star service where you will only enjoy by spending $600+/night at 5-star luxury hotels. It was such a pleasure to experience that level of service at a Westin, particularly during the tough Covid time. Even though most of the hotels' focus has been saving on costs. The fact that this hotel still cares no matter how much guests are paying for a room is really amazing. Kudos to the ops team at Westin Bonaventure. I will definitely stay here for the future ALIS events downtown.

The room is of great size. Breakfast buffet has lot of selections and quality of food was excellent. Bed was very comfortable and the AC works perfectly.

Really appreciate your time making all of this happen Francisco. Yu Z.

Date of stay: January 2022