3,130 results
All reviews downtown la revolving lounge true lies red tower heavenly bed huge hotel floor to ceiling windows starbucks coffee room service top floor the financial district valet parking downtown location convention center lobby bar staples center bit dated
Reviewed 14 September 2018

This hotel had a great location not too far from the Staples Center. The room was spacious for four people. Very clean and a great view of the Hollywood sign thanks to Sorin Scorvelciu who greeted me at the Front Desk. He was very courteous and helpful. There are several restaurants in the hotel. We decided to walk to Grand Central Market for breakfast. I swam in the heated pool which was located on the rooftop. They provided towels and had several lounge chairs available. Room service answered my call promptly. We had to pay an extra fee for parking ($49.00) but it had in and out valet service. Everyone was very friendly. The lobby had a lively bar area that was opened late. I would definitely stay at this beautiful hotel again.

Room Tip: Nice view of the Hollywood sign
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We spent the weekend at the Westin and the staff are the most friendly and helpful we have met in our travels. Lupe at concierge made our stay perfect and was a great partner for our needs. Jasmine in the lounge and Brett in the lobby bar were wonderful. Thank you! Great property and only need is a refresh on the rooms looking a little dated.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2018

I've currently been on the phone trying to arrange a reservation with them that apparently the first person isn't allowed to call me back, and can't call out, and the supervisor, or customer service, who is supposed to handle this- favorably, I should add - hasn't come on the line while I have held for over an hour. I can't hang up, without havning to go through this all over again. BAD support Bonaventure!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
HongT405, Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Judith I,

I am reaching out to you regarding your recent visit to the Westin Bonaventure. First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback; feedback such as yours allows us to locate points of improvement and build upon the service that we provide to our guests.

I am disappointed to hear that your experience here did not live up to the standards that we hold ourselves to, and I hope this experience does not deter you from returning to our hotel.

Please let me know if your plans bring you back to Downtown Los Angeles, as I would like to personally ensure that your next stay goes smoothly. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Hong Tan
Front Office Team

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Visited on business, staying two nights. Check in was speedy and very professional. I was able to get a room on the 26th floor, and although it was a little on the small side, it was clean, with complimentary water and a very nice view. The hotel is a little dated, but not a bad property.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank roanie1969
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Positives:
Friendly reception staff, very comfortable rooms, complimentary water bottles replenished daily, room fridge, speedy scenic elevators, and beautiful lobby bar/cafe.

It was my first time staying in a downtown L. A. hotel and I thought the Bonaventure was well situated from several attractions and amazing restaurants, all within walking distance. And of course, the hotel towers themselves are quite iconic landmarks. I believe there are only two other cities with similar architecture--Detroit and Atlanta.

Negatives:
It takes a while to get used to finding the amenities/facilities specially in the attached office building that surround the cylindrical towers where most of the restaurant options are located. There are also two main entrances on opposite streets, and quite a few bridges from surrounding streets and buildings that have access to smaller entrances to the hotel complex. Sometimes you'll need to go up one floor on a nearly hidden elevator or use staircases that only lead to a few floors. I have a pretty good sense of direction, but it still took a couple of days to get familiar with the layout.

Another thing was the breakfast buffet. It was rather disappointing--dried up scrambled eggwhites, bland Eggs Benedict, soggy bacon (to name a few). Order the custom omelets instead. My big mistake!

Room Tip: For meet-ups or transport pickups, identify which lobby. Two major entrances are on opposite sides of the hotel and on different floors.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family