We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while in LA.
We found the downtown location very convenient, once we rented a car, and it was easy to drive to wherever we wanted.
Check in was relatively easy, and the rooms were nice and well appointed.
The bed is heaven. This is the second Westin we stay at, and we find their beds always comfortable, with very nice linen and pillows.
The bathroom is a bit small, but on the other hand, the shower is great.
We stayed at a high floor and had nice views of the city from our window, which was great.
The hotel lobby is gourgeous, and the panoramic lift was such a nice touch.
The only cons we have about this hotel are:
1) Cost of parking - found it extremely expensive. OK, I know we're in LA, but c'mon....
2) No self park - nothing against vallets, but we find self-parking super easy and convenient ( =no waiting in line for your car)
3) No wi-fi in the room (only in the lobby). I still don't get why hotels offer free wi-fi as a complimentary service... Nowadays, free wi-fi should be a must, and nothing to distinguish one hotel from the other. Everybody is wired, so why charge for you to have internet in your room?
4) Room service: we ordered some soups for our first day at the hotel, once we arrived in a holiday, with very options to eat nearby (this must be another con about staying downtown). The soups were tasteless, and considering the amount we paid we should've gotten something much better.. Also, be prepared to stay at least 30 min over the phone in order to place your order. Room service is definetely a NO at this hotel.
Considering the price we paid for the room, and the opportunity to stay at such an iconic hotel, we would come back, but would certainly try to find another option for parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegantly presiding over the City of Angels, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites provides the ultimate urban oasis in the heart of the business district. An international symbol that has come to represent the beauty and sophistication of the city itself, this famous Westin Los Angeles hotel is one of the most photographed destinations in the world. Stroll through our atrium lobby and you'll immediately see why. Whether you're visiting for a leisurely weekend getaway, business meeting or special event, our downtown Los Angeles accommodations define the essence of modern luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel Los Angeles
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel And Suites
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Westin Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Westin