Lowest prices for your stay
$183
Priceline$216
Hotels.com$216
Destinia.com$276
1,013 results
All reviews pershing square beautiful hotel gallery bar rendezvous court grand old hotel downtown la hollywood glamour club room public spaces grand central market the financial district downtown location homeless people metro station coffee maker lobby academy
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2022 via mobile

First of all, this hotel is bloody gorgeous! I will attach some of the many photos I took of the Biltmore and you’ll see what I mean. Add to that the history of this place and its connection to the golden age of Hollywood and you feel like you’re stepping through time to an age of glamour and opulence.

Millennium has this hotel looking fine at 99. Smooth nostalgic tunes are heard throughout the lobbies, current and former, around the clock, adding to the dreamy atmosphere. The rooms are modern, with a nod to the elegance of the hotel’s history. My room used to be two very small ones that have been joined by a large cutout that looks like was always there. I had two full bathrooms, tubs and all, just for me (which is obviously overkill for one person).

But that fifth star has to be held back, I think for legitimate reasons. One could say that a 99 year old hotel can’t be a five star, because it’s just old. Old buildings have old building problems, telltale signs of their geriatric state such as decades of layers of paint that just can’t hide what’s come before. But that’s crap. The Biltmore is in fantastic shape. I can only imagine how hard it is to keep a huge old hotel looking fine, but they do a damn fine job. Minor flaws can be expected in ANY hotel. The Biltmore has earned its scars.

Here are my beefs, some larger than others. Let me start by saying I was over them before I’d checked out, because I think I’ve fallen in love with this hotel. The water pressure in the shower is… well, there isn’t any. I actually felt pity for the shower head as it squealed in an effort to squeeze some water out. After a few tries, I managed to get a limp shower going. I had to laugh, because the shower head make is Speakman Anystream, and that’s just what I was trying to achieve!

The housekeeping staff, actually anyone who works here, including the vigilant security, have been very friendly. Unfortunately, the last couple of days of my stay, I wasn’t given a liner for the ice bucket. This is really only significant for me because my stay coincided with a heat wave (mid 30’s C), so I needed ice. Add to this my frustration that the 11th floor ice machine was out of commission the whole time. The next closest one is down two floors, and luckily there is a lovely stairwell closeby so I just trotted down for my ice and back. But the Biltmore is a stout building, 11 floors of looooong hallways. So, the whole ice thing wore thin after a few days.

I feel the need to mention the pool. It’s beautiful and, like the rest of the building, evokes the glam of old Hollywood. And refer to the above for how hard it is to maintain something like a swimming pool over 99 years of public use. It’s beautiful, and I hope people appreciate it as I did. I believe it’s salt water, which makes the swimming light and easy and then gravity is dialed up by ten when you step out. For some reason, both steam rooms were either closed or out of service. There were signs to this effect on the amazing brass doors. I wasn’t the only guest to be disappointed by this. Maybe it was due to a COVID health order? Then, there’s the hot tub, or rather the signs leading you up the stairs to the wall where the hot tub used to be? It’s was mostly funny, but I thought of how much more amazing that area would be were the original plan to be restored.

The hotel has a restaurant that was closed during my stay. It was another demerit for a hotel that has a full kitchen and several spaces where food can be served. When I checked in after 10 pm I was famished. Little did I realize that downtown LA experiences something like The Purge every evening. Businesses close up, the few options become none for something as essential as food as the disenfranchised emerge and the sad inequity of one of the wealthiest places in the world is on disturbing display. The Biltmore could offer basic room service if for no other reason than the safety of her patrons.

The only other thing I would add is a suggestion that the hotel provide more than a couple of bottles of water during nasty heat like that. I assume the standard is 2 bottles per person per room, because that’s what I received. I was very happy for it, but I was losing water faster than I could consume it. I didn’t touch the coffee maker the entire time, so maybe a fair trade?

And that’s it. Love this place so much that I hate to check out tomorrow. I would stay here again without question. Can’t even think of staying elsewhere in LA. It’s not in one of the more vibrant or toney neighbourhoods, but the metro is barely a block away, and weekly fare cards are cheaper than Uber. I hope my review is helpful to travelers and the proprietors of the grand and fabulous Millennium Biltmore LA.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Mohona Rahman, Owner at Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2022

Thank you for your glowing view of the Millennium Biltmore Hotel. We are overjoyed by your detailed reflection based on your recent visit and it is our utmost pleasure to hear that you enjoyed a memorable experience to the fullest at our hotel. Our team members certainly pride themselves in creating memorable experiences for our guests throughout their stay, they will be thrilled to read your review.

Our property does hold a lot of history within these walls and is a masterpiece which makes it an art like no other. We're glad that you felt right at home in our historic hotel and love hearing from guests who appreciate our architecture and aesthetic.

As we continue to make adjustments to our offerings to align with evolving guidelines, your feedback is much appreciated as it grants us the knowledge to know what areas need attention to continuously make changes and improve our guest experiences. We look forward to hopefully offer additional hotel amenities in a safe environment in the near future within CDC standards.

We're grateful you've granted us the opportunity to be of service and hope you can visit us again in the near future. We wish you the very best and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 1 April 2022 via mobile

There is mold in the bathroom ceiling. Its part of the air condition so I dont think it's healthy to sleep in the air from it.

On the plus side I would say that the beds where confortable to have a good night rest in.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jorge Arias, Guest Services / Front Office at Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2022

I'm sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention.

Reviewed 1 April 2022 via mobile

We stayed November 4-7, 2021. There was a computer problem while booking online and we were charged for three rooms that were later cancelled. I have the codes and cancellation receipts. However, we were billed ahead of time, on October 18, for an online special and as of March 31, 2022 we have only received a refund for one of our three rooms. We were promised a refund for all three, hence the reason I was sent verification of the cancellations in writing. I have called, emailed, and had numerous online inquiries that have been ignored, which is sad and frustrating. I loved this hotel but we won’t stay again after being billed for three rooms in an online error and only being refunded for one of those three nights. Please give attention to this matter, Millennium Biltmore and do the right thing. We would love a refund or even a call/email response. I will edit my review when refunded.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2022 via mobile

The room was large, unexpectedly so. So large i fact that the regular sized TV was quite tiny in comparison. The beds were very comfortable.
The hallways were loong and a tad creepy.
Location is great. The parking fee is exhorbitant!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2022 via mobile

Great iconic hotel with so much history. Close to everything we wanted to see while visiting. Walking distance to many restaurants. Very clean room. Excellent housekeeping service. Our ice machine was broken on our floor, but we simply called for someone to bring ice and they promptly replied.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jorge Arias, Guest Services / Front Office at Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2022

Thank you for your Feedback! We are glad you enjoy you stay with us hope to see you soon for your next Staycation.