“The Pictures are VERY Deceiving” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles

Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles
Ranked #102 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
Victoria
“The Pictures are VERY Deceiving”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I booked this hotel through Hotwire so I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I looked at the photos and it seemed to be nice, until we got there.... The whole floor (6) smelled like smoke and urine. We went down to the front desk and they moved us to the ninth floor. It was better but not by much. The beds were comfortable and we OK for one night. I later read that this hotel has had many bed bug incidents. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Stay away if you want to enjoy your stay in LA.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank katysawden
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I thought hard before writting this review, but at the end the result was the same: this hotel is not worth its price, or even a portion of it.
The lobby and other public areas are very nice. It is a historical building and those areas are well kept. But after you make it past them, it's a nightmare.
The hallways look like something out of the movie The Shining. There is duck tape holding down the carpet - and I checked with other guests in other floors, this is true on every floor.
It is very dirty. You see cobwebs in window sills and pieces of paper and trash on the floor.
The rooms are small and ill-equipped for the price charged. Two of the lamps in the room didn't work, and calls for repair went unaswered.
The air conditioning was very loud, clicking on and off all the time, making it hard to sleep.
This might be a minor thing, but for the price (over $225), I expected to have a sleep timer function in the TV.
The bathroom is very small and the bathtub had chunks of ... paint? porcelain? pealing off.
Tub was stained (dirty?) and there was mildew in many places. Closet doors didn't close properly and the carpet, again, very old, torn and dirty.
I had dinner here once and the food was mediocre at best. Breakfast was acceptable but very pricey.
Save yourself a bad stay and select another hotel. The Hilton and Westin are both within walking distance. Just come and see the lobby, if you want to.

6 Thank hacmco

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

The hotel is very nice especially if you are looking for a slice of early 20th century upper-class living.

We were there for a three-day seminar. The facility were acceptable (meaning, this is not a modern hotel, but it worked for the small seminar). There is little for children to do at the hotel or in the immediate area, so there were mostly adults staying at the hotel.

Pros:
We stayed on the 9th floor. It was very quiet.
The room was large, but there is variability; when you reserve, ask for a larger room.
Service is generally excellent.
Bring your camera and take plenty of pictures of the hotel. It's beautiful.
Room service is fast and food is good.
There are good restaurants and bars within walking distance.
Elevators are fast.
There is a very nice gym, wet and dry sauna (not nude, unfortunately), and indoor pool.
Maid service is fast and good.

Cons:
The bathroom is small with few shelves and no vanity.
The area around the hotel, in general, is dirty, noisy, and there are many vagrants. Not the hotel's fault, I know...
Parking is expensive.
The service at the bar is glacially slow. Better to go to one in the neighborhood bars.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room on an upper floor not facing the street.
1 Thank Tom R
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I stayed in this beautiful historic hotel for 3 nights while visiting LA. The gorgeous lobby and bar area gives you a feeling of nostalgia. The home of the Oscars in the 30's and beyond, this hotel has a special air about it. The gallery bar was a busy but fun place to end our evenings.
We arrived early in the AM fully prepared to leave our luggage and check in later in the afternoon. We were pleasantly surprised when they checked us in immediately and we were in our room by 10 am. Our room was very large with plenty of space for the 4 of us to spread out.
The beds were comfortable and our room location was very quiet.
The Concierge was extremely helpful in hiring a driver to take us around LA for the day as well as recommending restaurants in the area thatt were outstanding.
I would not hesitate to recommend staying at this hotel and can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Bring good wax earplugs to blot out all the noise! I live in a very quiet remote part of the US so I'm just simply not used to all the noise ~ traffic, elevator bells, sirens, etc. These hotel rooms are not well insulated for sound and I could hear everything I mentioned. Lucky for me, I always travel with earplugs and this made the difference for me in my stay here. I slept very well.

I stayed at the Biltmore for a conference and heard others complain about their room quality and upkeep. Mine was on the 9th floor near the elevator and I got the impression that the higher the floor, the more recent the renovation, so I think I got lucky because I thought everything was very nice at the Biltmore.

Room Tip: Request a high floor.