The hotel is very nice especially if you are looking for a slice of early 20th century upper-class living.
We were there for a three-day seminar. The facility were acceptable (meaning, this is not a modern hotel, but it worked for the small seminar). There is little for children to do at the hotel or in the immediate area, so there were mostly adults staying at the hotel.
We stayed on the 9th floor. It was very quiet.
The room was large, but there is variability; when you reserve, ask for a larger room.
Service is generally excellent.
Bring your camera and take plenty of pictures of the hotel. It's beautiful.
Room service is fast and food is good.
There are good restaurants and bars within walking distance.
Elevators are fast.
There is a very nice gym, wet and dry sauna (not nude, unfortunately), and indoor pool.
Maid service is fast and good.
The bathroom is small with few shelves and no vanity.
The area around the hotel, in general, is dirty, noisy, and there are many vagrants. Not the hotel's fault, I know...
Parking is expensive.
The service at the bar is glacially slow. Better to go to one in the neighborhood bars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Millennium Biltmore Hotel has been a legendary Los Angeles landmark since 1923. With exquisite Spanish-Italian Renaissance architecture, including stunning hand-painted ceilings, it's rich history is most noted for its connection with the Oscars - the founding banquet for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was held in the Crystal Ballroom in 1927, where the original "Oscar" statuette was sketched on a Biltmore napkin, and eight Academy Awards banquets were held in the Biltmore Bowl during the '30s and '40s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Millennium Biltmore