“A Touch of Class”

Ranked #92 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Tampa, Florida
“A Touch of Class”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I stayed in this beautiful historic hotel for 3 nights while visiting LA. The gorgeous lobby and bar area gives you a feeling of nostalgia. The home of the Oscars in the 30's and beyond, this hotel has a special air about it. The gallery bar was a busy but fun place to end our evenings.
We arrived early in the AM fully prepared to leave our luggage and check in later in the afternoon. We were pleasantly surprised when they checked us in immediately and we were in our room by 10 am. Our room was very large with plenty of space for the 4 of us to spread out.
The beds were comfortable and our room location was very quiet.
The Concierge was extremely helpful in hiring a driver to take us around LA for the day as well as recommending restaurants in the area thatt were outstanding.
I would not hesitate to recommend staying at this hotel and can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Bring good wax earplugs to blot out all the noise! I live in a very quiet remote part of the US so I'm just simply not used to all the noise ~ traffic, elevator bells, sirens, etc. These hotel rooms are not well insulated for sound and I could hear everything I mentioned. Lucky for me, I always travel with earplugs and this made the difference for me in my stay here. I slept very well.

I stayed at the Biltmore for a conference and heard others complain about their room quality and upkeep. Mine was on the 9th floor near the elevator and I got the impression that the higher the floor, the more recent the renovation, so I think I got lucky because I thought everything was very nice at the Biltmore.

Room Tip: Request a high floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
arizona
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The public areas in this hotel are fabulous. The hotel is more or less the birthplace of the Oscars and has an interesting historic hallway with plenty of photos of famous Hollywood Legends of the past. However, I have had better service at chain restaurants than we had at both the Gallery Bar and at breakfast in the restaurant. Wait staff was not friendly and definitely not very helpful. The rooms, again pretty average. Location was great for seeing all the Downtown LA sights.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Isola, MS
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Hotel has gorgeous lobby and beautiful lounge. Sleeping rooms and hallways need renovation. Tape on floors in hallway is unacceptable for this beautiful hotel. Showers in bathroom are wonderful.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here for a few nights while presenting at a tradeshow at the Convention Center. I didn't use much at the hotel, aside from my actual room. The room itself was large and had plenty of space for us to spread out. Parking at the hotel is pretty expensive, but there is an underground lot across the street at Pershing Square which is much cheaper (about $20/night). Fine place to stay for a few nights, but nothing special.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business