“Great hotel!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Hollywood, Florida
“Great hotel!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Great hotel. The best thing we had an amazing view of the downtown Los Angeles..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights at the end of April into May. The rooms are a good size, nicely decorated and comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities. It is located right beside the Disney music hall, this was actually the view from our window. I must say that the price of the parking ($40 a day during the week, $20 at the weekends) is ridiculous! Especially as, during the last days of our holiday, we noticed there are places just blocks away offering parking for as little as $10 a day. So beware of being ripped off. However, the valet guys were some of the nicest people we met during our trip. All so efficient and friendly, really good guys! I can't say the same thing for the desk staff in the hotel however, they were all efficient but, with the exception of one gentlemen, they were the most unfriendly people I have ever met. None of them so much as smiled at us, even asking them to help with small tasks (i.e. changing travellers cheques) was treated like a huge effort. One day we were out of the room from 7am until 11pm and returned to find our room had not been made up the entire day, when we phoned reception to find out what had happened the woman seemed totally uninterested and did not even apologise for any inconvenience. Overall a good place to stay, just research other parking before going if you want to avoid the high costs.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Clarabee
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your vacation in Los Angeles. We apologize for the lack of friendliness you encountered with our Front Desk staff, and want to reassure you that we are continuing our training to ensure that we provide the most pleasant experience we can for our guests. In regards to our valet parking charges, we make every attempt to stay competitive in our pricing with other downtown hotels. There are other parking lots surrounding our hotel, however please take note that these parking lots are not supervised 24 hours a day. Again, we do appreciate your constructive feedback, and hope you will provide us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I was in Los Angeles on tour with an orchestra playing at nearby Disney Hall, so very happy to be based a very short walk away. As we would stay in LA for our concert up the coast in Santa Barbara and had a free day in the mix as well, I had four nights at the Omni. For a large, corporate hotel, it is better than average and less generic than similar accommodations. The rooms were large, spacious and comfortable. The rooms had everything you would expect from a top hotel including robes, plush towels, a safe, and numerous television channels to help while the hours away if you could bear to be indoors! The hotel was impeccably clean, the staff genuinely helpful and friendly. (I might add the never ending sunshine didn't hurt either.) I had a coffee with friends on one of the outdoor terraces - delightful.

My only criticism was that my room was connected (by a locked door) to the adjacent room. This seriously compromised the sound proofing of my room (and I imagine the other one as well.) I could hear every word of telephone conversations, the television etc etc. As the noises from the hall were quite present as well, I was happy to have brought along some high-quality ear plugs (available at most airport and better than what you will receive on the plane.) This may seem like a trivial matter but getting rest without disturbance is part of the basic service a good hotel should offer. I would return but perhaps ask for a quiet room ...

3 Thank Finem50
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Wonderful Stay! The rooms were a great size, bathrooms were huge and in great condition. The service was wonderful, with turndown service and all. The restaurant and bar have delicious food and drinks. I would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Go for the Club Floor- worth the extra cost.
Arlington, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed here for a business conference trip and glad I did. I was greeted with kindness from upon my arrival by the bellmen opening the cab door to the doormen greeting me farewell on my departure. All staff were full of smiles and seemed to be truly glad to work there. Even the housekeeping staff smiled when they greeted me with "hello".

The hotel itself was beautiful and clean. I didn't notice a speck of fault with the cleanliness. Rugs/flooring looked new and the hotel looked new as well.

Room was a decent size. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Bathroom had marble-finish with a walk-in shower and a tub. Turn down service was plus.

LA was warm in the day then cooled rapidly at night and the rooms air system worked well going from "cool" to "warm" in an instant. Or, if you enjoy the cool air, the room had a pull-out window if you want to enjoy it.

Hotel is located in a quiet area of downtown on the opposite side of the "action" of LA Live and the Convention Center were my conference was held. But the distance and hills made it too long of a walk and $10 for one-way taxi fare was too much for such a short trip. Luckily, a Metro subway station (that's right 'subway' in LA!) was right around the corner. Tip: the walk to the station is down a steep hill (OK for the morning), but when you return to the Omni, take the cool "Angel Flight" incline train to avoid the steep walk up.

I asked for a high room with a view and was provided one facing Grand Ave with the Walt Disney Concert Hall in the distance. I was able to witness a few TV commercials being made as Grand Ave. seems to be popular road for filming car commercials.

All-in-all, it was a terrific hotel for my stay. I would rate it as a luxury hotel, without the luxury price. It was great for my business stay and I would bring my wife there if we wanted an LA "get-away" couples trip. She'd love it.

One last tip: Join Omni's Select Guest program before you arrive and get free water upon arrival, daily turndown service and clothes pressings - this was a big savings & convenience on my business trip.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Grand Ave have a view of the Walt Disney Concert Hall and some of hills in the distance...
1 Thank Dubnation