4,154 results
All reviewsdowntown ladisney concert hallmuseum of contemporary artnoe restaurantmusic centerbroad museumgreat hotelthe grand central marketbunker hillwithin a mile radiusclub levelthe financial districtcar servicepershing squareroom servicevalet parkingcorner room
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I was in Los Angeles on tour with an orchestra playing at nearby Disney Hall, so very happy to be based a very short walk away. As we would stay in LA for our concert up the coast in Santa Barbara and had a free day in the mix as well, I had four nights at the Omni. For a large, corporate hotel, it is better than average and less generic than similar accommodations. The rooms were large, spacious and comfortable. The rooms had everything you would expect from a top hotel including robes, plush towels, a safe, and numerous television channels to help while the hours away if you could bear to be indoors! The hotel was impeccably clean, the staff genuinely helpful and friendly. (I might add the never ending sunshine didn't hurt either.) I had a coffee with friends on one of the outdoor terraces - delightful.

My only criticism was that my room was connected (by a locked door) to the adjacent room. This seriously compromised the sound proofing of my room (and I imagine the other one as well.) I could hear every word of telephone conversations, the television etc etc. As the noises from the hall were quite present as well, I was happy to have brought along some high-quality ear plugs (available at most airport and better than what you will receive on the plane.) This may seem like a trivial matter but getting rest without disturbance is part of the basic service a good hotel should offer. I would return but perhaps ask for a quiet room ...

3  Thank Finem50
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Wonderful Stay! The rooms were a great size, bathrooms were huge and in great condition. The service was wonderful, with turndown service and all. The restaurant and bar have delicious food and drinks. I would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Go for the Club Floor- worth the extra cost.
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed here for a business conference trip and glad I did. I was greeted with kindness from upon my arrival by the bellmen opening the cab door to the doormen greeting me farewell on my departure. All staff were full of smiles and seemed to be truly glad to work there. Even the housekeeping staff smiled when they greeted me with "hello".

The hotel itself was beautiful and clean. I didn't notice a speck of fault with the cleanliness. Rugs/flooring looked new and the hotel looked new as well.

Room was a decent size. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Bathroom had marble-finish with a walk-in shower and a tub. Turn down service was plus.

LA was warm in the day then cooled rapidly at night and the rooms air system worked well going from "cool" to "warm" in an instant. Or, if you enjoy the cool air, the room had a pull-out window if you want to enjoy it.

Hotel is located in a quiet area of downtown on the opposite side of the "action" of LA Live and the Convention Center were my conference was held. But the distance and hills made it too long of a walk and $10 for one-way taxi fare was too much for such a short trip. Luckily, a Metro subway station (that's right 'subway' in LA!) was right around the corner. Tip: the walk to the station is down a steep hill (OK for the morning), but when you return to the Omni, take the cool "Angel Flight" incline train to avoid the steep walk up.

I asked for a high room with a view and was provided one facing Grand Ave with the Walt Disney Concert Hall in the distance. I was able to witness a few TV commercials being made as Grand Ave. seems to be popular road for filming car commercials.

All-in-all, it was a terrific hotel for my stay. I would rate it as a luxury hotel, without the luxury price. It was great for my business stay and I would bring my wife there if we wanted an LA "get-away" couples trip. She'd love it.

One last tip: Join Omni's Select Guest program before you arrive and get free water upon arrival, daily turndown service and clothes pressings - this was a big savings & convenience on my business trip.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Grand Ave have a view of the Walt Disney Concert Hall and some of hills in the distance. I was in room 1433 which had respectable view.
1  Thank Dubnation
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The Omni provided a quiet, elegant place to stay while I was at a conference in LA. I often don't care for big corporate hotels, but this place just did everything so impeccably well I just ended up loving it: the view, the plaza, the free morning coffee delivered to my door, the large designery bathroom. Nice job! And worth a few extra bucks compared to the competition. Tip: From the Metro Red line, walk north a half block up Olive St. to the Flight of Angels historic funicular railway and ride up to the plaza for 50 cents. A real delightful find.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Went to LA for a concert at the LA Sports Arena. I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and it looked like a great place to stay for the night! Upon arrival, the staff was very professional and helpful. The rooms were big, recently remodled and very nice. Our room was on the 9th floor with a neat view of the Disney Concert Hall and surrounding buildings. When we left for the evening we took the hotels courtsey car to LA Live for dinner. Our only complaint was the valet parking...the Sunday-Thursday rates are $40 per night and there is no self parking!!! Just thought this was extremely expensive considering you're already paying a higher rate to stay at a such a nice hotel...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple