4,203 results
All reviews downtown la disney concert hall museum of contemporary art noe restaurant music center broad museum great hotel grand central market bunker hill within a mile radius club level the financial district car service pershing square room service valet parking corner room
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed here for a business conference trip and glad I did. I was greeted with kindness from upon my arrival by the bellmen opening the cab door to the doormen greeting me farewell on my departure. All staff were full of smiles and seemed to be truly glad to work there. Even the housekeeping staff smiled when they greeted me with "hello".

The hotel itself was beautiful and clean. I didn't notice a speck of fault with the cleanliness. Rugs/flooring looked new and the hotel looked new as well.

Room was a decent size. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Bathroom had marble-finish with a walk-in shower and a tub. Turn down service was plus.

LA was warm in the day then cooled rapidly at night and the rooms air system worked well going from "cool" to "warm" in an instant. Or, if you enjoy the cool air, the room had a pull-out window if you want to enjoy it.

Hotel is located in a quiet area of downtown on the opposite side of the "action" of LA Live and the Convention Center were my conference was held. But the distance and hills made it too long of a walk and $10 for one-way taxi fare was too much for such a short trip. Luckily, a Metro subway station (that's right 'subway' in LA!) was right around the corner. Tip: the walk to the station is down a steep hill (OK for the morning), but when you return to the Omni, take the cool "Angel Flight" incline train to avoid the steep walk up.

I asked for a high room with a view and was provided one facing Grand Ave with the Walt Disney Concert Hall in the distance. I was able to witness a few TV commercials being made as Grand Ave. seems to be popular road for filming car commercials.

All-in-all, it was a terrific hotel for my stay. I would rate it as a luxury hotel, without the luxury price. It was great for my business stay and I would bring my wife there if we wanted an LA "get-away" couples trip. She'd love it.

One last tip: Join Omni's Select Guest program before you arrive and get free water upon arrival, daily turndown service and clothes pressings - this was a big savings & convenience on my business trip.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Grand Ave have a view of the Walt Disney Concert Hall and some of hills in the distance. I was in room 1433 which had respectable view.
1  Thank Dubnation
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The Omni provided a quiet, elegant place to stay while I was at a conference in LA. I often don't care for big corporate hotels, but this place just did everything so impeccably well I just ended up loving it: the view, the plaza, the free morning coffee delivered to my door, the large designery bathroom. Nice job! And worth a few extra bucks compared to the competition. Tip: From the Metro Red line, walk north a half block up Olive St. to the Flight of Angels historic funicular railway and ride up to the plaza for 50 cents. A real delightful find.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Went to LA for a concert at the LA Sports Arena. I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and it looked like a great place to stay for the night! Upon arrival, the staff was very professional and helpful. The rooms were big, recently remodled and very nice. Our room was on the 9th floor with a neat view of the Disney Concert Hall and surrounding buildings. When we left for the evening we took the hotels courtsey car to LA Live for dinner. Our only complaint was the valet parking...the Sunday-Thursday rates are $40 per night and there is no self parking!!! Just thought this was extremely expensive considering you're already paying a higher rate to stay at a such a nice hotel...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amber569
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Just returned from a business trip to Los Angeles and stayed at the Omni Hotel. Terrific restaurant NOE on site, third floor worth checking out. The buffet breakfast for $20/person is a real bargain compared to many hotels around the world. An onsite omlet station, homemade bread including various gluten free options, berries, fresh fruit, cheese and many other options. What I enjoyed the most was the outstanding service by the concierge and bell staff. Always eager to assist, very friendly and going out of their way to to provide very good service. The hotel is removed from some of the more hectic parts of LA so you can relax after a busy day of sales calls. It's located right at the Contemporary Museum of Art and a block from the new Disney Concert Hall. Also Border Grill, an excellent Mexican restaurant is a short cab ride away. The Omni also offers a complimentary car shuttle within a certain distance of the hotel which is helpful. Do check out this hotel for its location, large rooms and great service.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have to give full credit to the staff at this hotel. They are amazing. Hotel location is double edged sword. Excellent for Disney Concert Hall, just walking distance, good for downtown, doubtful for tourists (leisure) thinking Hollywood etc. Lot of time has passed since my last visit at Downtown and I have to give credit that it has improved significantly.
Rooms at hotel are spacious with nice plenty ameneties. Normal shampoo/soap were there, but also cotton pads etc. Bathroom mat disappeared second day to reappear following day. Never figured out the reason. I am not mixing towel as mat here :-) Many rooms have bath tub and shower separately, but I did not have such. My room was adjacent room and by the connecting door you could hear neighbor clearly, making only downsize for the room.
Hotel offers valet parking, which in my opinion is very expensive (+25%) compared to other hotels where I have stayed, but this is my only experience for LA Downtown. Anyhow you may survive without a car, not easy, but doable.
Hotel Restaurant Noe is quite ok. Staff there is great too. I had a burger, which was not a gourmet experience. Beef was good, but the bun was too big in relation to other fillings.
To summarize, great hotel, with great staff.