All reviews howard johnson korea town waffle maker korean bbq free parking metro station breakfast room fridge and microwave free breakfast street noise definitely stay here again comfortable beds flat screen tv downtown la front desk staff convenient location yogurt
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We stayed in this hotel for a few nights in LA. No extra cost for parking overnight. Great location close to many touristic sites. Excellent beds with super comfortable mattresses. Plush towels and a very comfortable room. Breakfast is included with the room but don't expect too great a quality. Other restaurants are close by. In general it is great value for such a superior location.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

As with tradition with the chain the place is comfortable, well kept and welcoming.
The staff at this particular one is of the highest quality of service.
The breakfast was also tasty w various. Thank’s for the wonderful stay

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2018

Let me start by saying that this is the first time I've stayed in this area of LA and hotel prices are high. So I found the best rated hotel in the area (which isn't a great neighborhood) but I needed to be here due to a business function nearby and wanted to stay close. I think the price is outrageous for what I got, but compared to what else I found, it seemed a little nicer than the others for around the same price.

First the good stuff. Free parking. Very nice! I got there early and got a spot and don't know if they have parking for all their guests or not, but at least it was free. They were very friendly at check-in, however their system was down and it took a little longer than normal, but no troubles. OK - I think that covers the good stuff.

Now the not so good. The walls are very thin. I could hear every sound from my neighbor next door, especially from the bathroom. That was fun. NOT. My room had a funny smell to it, which I see on other reviews as well. There was no tv remote in the room, but I didn't have time to watch it anyway. The outlet in the lamp next to the bed was off because my adapter to plug in my phone just barely fit into the space. Odd design. The heater/air unit was of course the older model and the fan was VERY loud. Breakfast was pretty typical. I grabbed a couple granola bars and an apple but they had the usual stuff - cereal, muffins, waffles, etc.

So was it a horrible stay? No. I just have a very hard time paying this kind of price to stay in a place like this, but it IS Los Angeles, so...

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Located in busy area of mid-town called Korea Town -- lots of Asian shops and eateries, but also a Denny's and an IHOP within a block. The desk clerk recommended a great little NY style pizza restaurant around the corner. Anything fancier and you'll want to drive. We preferred not to take the car out again once we were settled, so having several choices within walking distance was nice. Hotel was very clean and nicely appointed, staff gracious and helpful. The included breakfast on 5th floor was self serve and pretty standard for this class hotel, and much appreciated. Parking on site was free, but tight, and worth well worth choosing this hotel over one closer to down town, which usually charge ($50+) for their parking. Wifi signal was strong and fast in our room. Flat screen TV was set off to one side and not very adjustable for viewing angle, so a little hard to see from the far side of the bed.

Room Tip: Try to arrive with hotel on your right, as turning left against traffic can be frustrating at most hours.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2018

We chose this hotel because of the closeness to the Staple Center. It was reasonably priced and included a nice breakfast. The room was very clean, updated and lovely. There was a bit of traffic noise, but it didn’t bother us. Parking was limited. The night parking lot attendant was helpful and friendly. We were glad that secure, free parking was available. The desk clerk at check-in was not nice at all and the morning desk clerk wasn’t so great either! The lobby is tiny.

Room Tip: rooms are quieter, but there is no view (only of a brick wall).
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family